Agnostic.com

15 5

What goes on in private...

I believe that when people get together, in private, for reasons of sex, it's no ones business, except those that are in the private setting. It's not your neighbors business (unless they are the ones you're having sex with). It's not the governments business ( they should learn how to stay out of peoples private affairs). And it sure as Hell isn't the churches business (they should learn how to stay out of peoples bedrooms)! It doesn't matter if there are 2 or 200 people in that private setting.

I, personally, believe that Poly-amoury is a real thing. It's possible to love more than one person at a time. If you don't see things as I see them, that's OK. I'm not going to beat you over the head until you believe what I do.

I also believe in an orgy once in a while and throw inhabitions out the window for a time is good for the soul. Now, at the age of almost 68 ( my 68th birthday is the day after tomorrow), I think my days of orgiastic abandon has abandoned me, so I'll settle for an occasional one night stand with one or two people at a time.

When I was married, I gave up my bisexual and nudist lifestyle for my wife because I loved her so much. I spent the last years of her life taking care of her in every way you could think of. The last 6 months were the worst, but I couldn't just give up. For the last part of her life, I've had no sexual encounters at all. I think you can only imagine a small percentage of how I feel right now. The word "Horny" comes to mind, but it is only a shadow of what I'm going through now.

My expectations for the future of my sex life are not very high at this time. The only thing I can do now is hope for the best, and prepare for the best! Who knows? Maybe it'll all come around for me.

AncientNight 8 Feb 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, happy birthday. And I am so sorry for the loss of your wife.
Also know that a man your age is in high demand as women live longer than men do. So don’t give up hope!

Ditto.

Exactly!!

Churches can butt out, as usual. Neighbors can raise a stink about it if you're keeping them up, I guess. Government? That's my sticking point. Not everybody is as consent-consious as we'd all like them to be. When it comes to the G-men regulating G-spots, I think it's a pain, especially when they pull that crap that's only useful when trying to clamp down on LGBT+ folk (and not in the fun way). But I also think a little bit of government presence is necessary to protect the kids out there that are in consent-vulnerable situations.

You horny old goat! Been a while for me but I haven't given up hope. I think my Christian upbringing prevents me from ever being that liberal, besides orgies went out with the Romans and what did they ever do for us? Apart from the roads.

Broadly speaking, I'd agree. Though if someone is cheating on their partner, then it's that partner's business. Even though that partner is absent from the sexual act (otherwise it wouldn't be cheating.) To a lesser degree, it's the business of people with varying degrees of detachment from the partner. It isn't fun being in the "should I or shouldn't I tell them?" zone. I've been there once or twice myself.

I too believe in polyamory. I'd be perfectly contented in a caring relationship with 2 or more people. A dynamic where we were all romantically involved, rather than just sexually. The trouble is that most people who descrive themselves as poly, particularly on sites like FetLife, aren't looking for true poly. If they're a couple, they're looking for a +1 to spice things up in the bedroom with from time to time. If they're single, then they're just looking to keep multiple casual partners on the go at the same time. The emotional dedication of a true poly relationship is absent in these scenarios, and I'm rather saddened that it's become accepted for poly to mean this.

Horny with no outlet is not a fun place to be. Since you're bi, get on some of the gay contacts sites. You'll soon find some fun.

@AncientNight Agreed. I've been in two sexually open relationships so far. Both allowed both parties to 'play away' if they wanted to. Any successful open relationship has rules, and if those rules are broken, then that's still cheating. My concerns are always with respect to how careful my partner is playing. I don't care what they do with other people, as long as it's suitably low risk from a health perspective.

I'm not so much cynical as saddened by what 'poly' has come to be accepted as. As I said before, a couple bringing in a +1 to spice up their marriage, or singles flitting between a number of regular fuck buddies. That isn't what poly means to me.

@NicoleCadmium it isnt what polyamorous means technically, either. I would never call myself poly just cuz i have 2 or more friends with benefits. And I think any couple like that is just trying to label something they don't need to. What is fetlife btw?

May I say I think you need to find the one right sex partner who can make you feel fulfilled? And good luck to you!
But, remember that women over 60 are, and have been, the fastest-growing HIV-positive group for at least a decade, according to CDC stats. Use caution!

@Hellbent lol

Hell, I haven't had any kind of sexual encounter for over 10 years. Definitely right that no one has any right to tell you what to do or how to do it in the privacy of your own home. Also there is absolutely nothing wrong with polyamory, other than linguistically it is technically wrong as it merges words from two different languages.

It might just happen for you. Life is so unpredictable.

You have nothing to worry about. I spent much more time with people in their late 60's 70's and 80's by the time I was 25 than most people do by the time they are 50. You know how a young female could probably (so long as there wasn't something seriously wrong with her, but even then...) have sex with someone pretty much whenever she wanted, if she wanted it, but guys are pretty lucky if they get laid at all? That reverses around your age, and goes further in your favor as you get older now - except of course if - well nevermind, I don't see any indication that would apply to you. You're a good looking guy for your age, and at first glance anyway, you seem like a decent guy. You have nothing to worry about. Just meet a large enough number of women your age, especially in person. Join the senior center or something - you'll be a center of attention for a bunch of women - and I understand a lot of those groups have really interesting activities. You'll have fun, and you'll get what you're looking for.

@AncientNight Well, I have no idea what the dating scene is like for men looking for men in your age group, so I can't speak to that. I understand that depending on the location, it's pretty fun and not terribly difficult for younger men. As for seeking a 25-ish year old woman, that's you and pretty much every other teenager to grave guy with any interest in women. If you're not interested in your own age group, your field will be much narrower.

My son is into the Poly-amoury lifestyle,
my daughter is gay,
and I have friends with benefits,
no-ones business but ours,
everyone is different.

Great attitude. I love it. I'm not into your scene but your absolutely right it's nobody's business. Do what you do!

If you aren't hurting anyone its all good mate.

It is great and quite honorable what you did for the woman you loved. Good luck and good fortune for the next chapter of your life.

Happy birthday! Good luck for the rest of your sex life.

I'm curious about why you posted this. Are you looking for anything in particular from us?

@AncientNight I get that. Thanks for sharing.

Go for it! Have as much fun as you can. It's no one's business what you do.
As long as everyone is consenting, and of legal age, no should have anything to say.
If they do, you can tell them to fuck off.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29442
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.