Agnostic.com

13 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That is sad news. ?Their music played a big part in my evolutional journey into music. ?

That is said but I still like that song about us being Monkey's aka Primates.

@Maiasaura No, but here is the actual one by them:

Well, I think it's sad--even if he did have a good life.

My brother was diagnosed with this form of cancer several years ago. He had some of his tongue cut out (he told us the icky story) but seems fine now. There is usually a cause but my brother did not smoke and his drinking was moderate. I see Peter Tork was a heavy drinker. My aunt died from pancreatic cancer and she was also a heavy drinker (alcohol also affects the pancreas). Sometimes, people's past catches up with them.

i don't think tork had been drinking in recent years, maybe even in recent decades. i think he did say something about being an alcoholic. an alcoholic remains an alcoholic but does not have to remain a drinker and while my memory isn't perfect on this, i seem to recall he had long since stopped drinking.

g

@genessa In the report it was said he was a very heavy drinker for a good part of his life. Yes he had cut back but, I think, the damage had started. The same thing happened with my aunt. She had cut back to one shot a day for years but it was too late. Also, I think even with his fame and money there was probably a lot of stress.

@JackPedigo definitely a lot of stress, including the pressure to drink and drug up. which report, though? i'm pretty sure in his interview he didn't say he'd cut back but rather said he had stopped. anyway i am sorry about your aunt.

g

That's sad..

I think he had a good life. Death is inevitable.

Sad to read this. My condolences to his family and friends and many fans all over the world. He has now graduated to be with Davy.

Roley Level 5 Feb 21, 2019

Sad for his family.

I remember when Davy Jones died a few years back. Only two Monkees left now.

A few good songs.
"Day dream believer" was a favorite of mine.

Too bad. Short-lived as their TV show was, I really enjoyed it.

It’s sad, but the man was 77 and had a pretty good life, so far as I can tell.

Bummer.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:295063
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.