Agnostic.com

80 14

Does unconditional love exist?

What do you think... is love ever completely unconditional? If so, do you think it's limited to certain kinds of relationships (I.e. parent-child)?

silvereyes 8 Feb 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

80 comments (76 - 80)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, I had that kind of love for 38 years.

Yes, me my mother and sister! They don't understand or feel even close to what i feel i do!! Yes it may be limited, well it is for me anyway!

Not really as people will always make there own interpreted conditions on a declaration of love.

Yes! Love of this kind is very difficult to find, both, within yourself and from others. We all have a desire to be loved. We all want to be cared for in a way that meets our ideals. Learning through experience is the only way to find it. Can we learn to love both the good and bad lessons in life?

We live in an imperfect world. We are fearful and angry, distrustful and suspicious, secretive and jealous. Nature has given us mind and emotion, ego and id, yin and yang. We can be happy or sad, loved or lorn, extroverted or introspective. But, not on both sides at the same time.

We should strive to rise above negative emotions and allow others to find their own course to the truth. If we disagree, can we set our differences aside? If we have a conflict, can we make a compromise? If we are on different sides, can we put it to a vote?

We should allow our perceptions to flow within, without responding to them outwardly until the truth is indisputable. Give everyone many chances for our acceptance and understanding. Can we have a dialog about our frustrations, without getting personal or making derogatory remarks? Can we have a good and logical understanding, without a complete agreement?

zrez Level 4 Feb 28, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29587
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.