Agnostic.com

45 10

Im drunk and I lost my job Friday. Good thing I have 3 interviews this week.

Thinking about AI. Religion and the like.

rebel_lion 4 Feb 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

45 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Whats shitty...is the feeling you have no one to talk to

You have us! 😛 Good luck this week!

aside from the reference to god it's a beautiful song!

Good Luck... Get ready for the question... "Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?" Also to remind you to be careful what you say in social media because Your Next Employer will be looking for you everywhere they can find you. So be on your best behavior for a few days.

Im good in every way it counts

I am sober, I have to go to work tomorrow, I think I need to get drunk.
Good luck with the interviews. Keeping a job is so hard these days, both of my kids have lost theirs in past 3 months. daughter started a new one before her last day on the old one, but both are only part time, son got a payout so he is ok for a while. life isn't easy.

Best of luck in your new work, whatever that is! Like I have said many times...ever so often you must reinvent yourself. I guess it's your turn...

Medical field. Im not cut out for anything else.

@rebel_lion are you happy and feel fullfilled...with this career? If so, are you adding in other interest, so that you want feel trapped or limited?

@Freedompath i love the medical field more than anything

Sending positive vibes for your job interviews ~~~~

JK666 Level 7 Feb 27, 2018

Thank you

Shake it off, and work on those interviews. Best of luck.

Thank you

On to bigger and better things!

There's no better time for drinking than after losing a job. Bottom's up!

Good luck!

I'm drunk and have to go to work tomorrow. Good luck with your interviews.

Good luck too

Cheers. Best wishes

Thank you

@rebel_lion your welcome

I always try to think of the question I DON'T want them to ask. And what my answer is to that question.

Good luck with the interviews ... ?

The final ? was a typo - intended !

Walk into those interviews like you are the boss...when they start to ask you questions, you just shoosh them! Bring a clipboard, glance over it...eyeball them for a minute, maybe with a bit of the ol' fisheye! Then make your demands. If they try to interrupt, you tell them there will be time for questions after they agree to your terms and you have given the job a 3 day, NAY, ONE WEEK 'feels' test. If the job has good 'feels', you will agree to let them hire you on a long term basis. BAM! Done and done! Now, pass me some of that vino...I'm a regular tony robbins over here...

Hey, have fun getting drunk. I'm sure you'll nail your interviews. Are you thinking about AI in general or as a career path?

In general. Waxing philosophical, lol

And I take it religion is not a career path either, lol.

Thank you all so much for the good vibes and encouragement! Yesterdays interview went great and I have 2 more tomorrow!
***I would also like to add since some people brought it up...no, im not an alcoholic nor have a drinking problem. I drink maybe 3-4 times a YEAR ????

I hate interviews, so I don't envy you. I would probably drink, too. I'm hoping you are way better at interviewing than I am. You must have a great resume if you already have three interviews! I wish you the best of luck!

Losing a job is tough! I hope your next problem is deciding which job to accept!

You know they monitor social media. 🙂,

Thats why i don't use my real name 😉

We may not know each other yet but I wish you all the luck! Every interview you get better and better at it, until they have to hire you no matter what! =)

Plenty of jobs out there just try and be patient you'll find something soon.

I used to show up for work so loaded they made me take the freight elevator.
When the last company tried to fire me, I sent a letter explaining that I wasn't looking for work termination at this point, but would be happy to consider them for a later date.

Oh and our thoughts and prayers are with you!

Did you watch Person of Interest? That is my total knowledge of AI. Unless you mean Allen Iverson. Killer crossover.

Watched altered carbon. But a lot of shows hsve addressed uploading humsn consciousness into AI. Im fascinated

If they ask you what makes you more qualified than the other applicants, don't answer with, "I don't know. I don't know the other applicants." That answer did not go over well for me. That was a long time ago though, maybe employers have learned that it is a stupid question. Good luck. I know the whole job search thing can be tough.

Good luck.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29740
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.