Agnostic.com

45 10

Im drunk and I lost my job Friday. Good thing I have 3 interviews this week.

Thinking about AI. Religion and the like.

rebel_lion 4 Feb 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

45 comments (26 - 45)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

At least you are in good spirits about it. Thinking positive goes a long way. 🙂

Sending you good energy for your interviews this week

Your first two words in your first sentence reminds me of INXS's song Golden Playpen

Uncas Level 4 Feb 27, 2018

Good luck, rebel. I was once like you and always said "I was looking for a job before I found this one" After a time you do realize that a good job is harder to find with age, and therefore also worth keeping. In other words, sometimes we do have to put up with the normal amount of crap.

Good Luck with the interviews !!

Wow the shit out of them at your interviews! (And, I work for a major adult beverage corporation so, thanks for consuming tonight and assisting with my job security. 😉 )

Duke Level 8 Feb 27, 2018

When the job concerns are dealt with I'd love to hear your thoughts on AI and Religion. That's an interesting pairing that I've not encountered before. Best wishes!

skado Level 9 Feb 27, 2018

Dress smart, shake hands firmly and believe in yourself.

Good luck on your interviews!

Lots of positive support here. Add me to the list!

Lol good luck

Good luck.

If they ask you what makes you more qualified than the other applicants, don't answer with, "I don't know. I don't know the other applicants." That answer did not go over well for me. That was a long time ago though, maybe employers have learned that it is a stupid question. Good luck. I know the whole job search thing can be tough.

I used to show up for work so loaded they made me take the freight elevator.
When the last company tried to fire me, I sent a letter explaining that I wasn't looking for work termination at this point, but would be happy to consider them for a later date.

Plenty of jobs out there just try and be patient you'll find something soon.

We may not know each other yet but I wish you all the luck! Every interview you get better and better at it, until they have to hire you no matter what! =)

Losing a job is tough! I hope your next problem is deciding which job to accept!

I hate interviews, so I don't envy you. I would probably drink, too. I'm hoping you are way better at interviewing than I am. You must have a great resume if you already have three interviews! I wish you the best of luck!

Thank you all so much for the good vibes and encouragement! Yesterdays interview went great and I have 2 more tomorrow!
***I would also like to add since some people brought it up...no, im not an alcoholic nor have a drinking problem. I drink maybe 3-4 times a YEAR ????

Update?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29740
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.