Agnostic.com

30 5

What goes through your head when you see someone wearing a cross necklace?

I think it's the number one sign that someone is delusional. I made this meme btw.

Sarahroo29 8 Feb 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I must be a vampire, I keep away.

It’s disgusting that someone would choose to wear a torture device around their neck.

Or remind them that today it would be an electric chair or hypodermic needle.

Funny, I think about that sometimes too. Most people don’t realize that that was a form of Roman torture back in those days. It’s pretty disgusting really.

@buzz13 Lol.

don't stare at it or she will think I am looking at her boobs and get mad at me.

Lol.

If Jesus comes back do you think he ever wants to see that torture device ever again? 😀 Or be a smart about it, what does the lowercase T stand for?

Haha.

Nothing special. To many it is merely adornment. If it's upside down, then there is definitely a statement.

Haha.

Nothing it doesn't mean anything, I wear a scull ring it doesn't make me a pirate. I don't care what anyone does as long as they aren't hurting me. Too many people spend too much time worried about what other people do. Who cares. Just my opinion

I have some rather funky silver crucifix earrings. Costume jewellery tat, but I like them. Not being a Christian doesn't prevent me from wearing them.

Don't really pay attention or care. A lot of people wear it as just jewelry and nothing else. Of course it'll tip me off as to what they may believe, but I won't pry into it lest it come up naturally in conversation.

Okay.

A lot of it is just decorative jewlery...but according to history crucifixions were more in the shape of an "X" rather that the bible trade mark version...

Hmmm...

That they are religious and go from there.

godef Level 7 Feb 27, 2018

Yep.

I don't care what people wear.
I don't worry about such nonsense.

Lol.

That Dracula is about and looking for someone to ravish.

Lol.

Sarah! Enough with the LOL. When you post, you must have all of your creative writing aspects on hand to retort to our responses. Either tell us that you took the cross off and told Dracula to come and try it out or that you went and brought a bigger on to really keep him off. What did you do. Now remember Drac doesn't care about your physical characteristics but your DNA. Tell us a yarn worth appreciation.

You're wearing it upside down.

Lol.

Chained existence.

“Oh, please” “Give me a break” “Another one” I actually feel sorry for people who believe in “make-believe.” I also feel that those belief systems are counter-productive to the betterment of humanity. The world would be so much better if we could all embrace science and secularism. Think Star Trek.

Okay.

I like to play with them and compliment their Satanic symbol. Within their frame of reference, it is arguably more of a Satanic than Christian symbol. Merely adopting symbolism to mean something new doesn't make it so. They do it with their 'holidays' too.

Yep.

Oh, look, they aren't a vampire.

For the most part, nothing.

Usually, pretty necklace. I don't wear jewelry often because of work, but I love me some sparklies.

I used to own a hand-made rosary (gave it to my sister). I also am the proud owner of a Virgin Mary necklace. When my father died I wanted his portrait of Jesus, however I let my sister have it. The portrait was really cool; if you stared at it long enough it would look like Jesus was blinking and nodding.

My point is, owning (and wearing) a cross means nothing to me. After all, people into the goth movement uses Christian images all the time.

Oh, okay.

If it's a woman, I assume we wouldn't have much in common.

Lol.

Well it's funny cause if I see someone else wearing one I think they must be religious. But I wear them cause I just happen to like the specific one I have on. LOL I also like skulls but I am not a biker or metal head. And I wear the star of David often, not because I'm a practicing jew but because my family just happens to BE jewish and my mom just passed and I like to wear her jewelry as it makes me feel closer to her and I also like to see peoples reaction to the fact that I'm just wearing one. 🙂

Lol.

They are afraid ofvampires

Haha.

It reminds me of a very old joke. Please forgive me in advance for this one....

A novice nun was driving her mother superior to the convent in Transylvania one night. As they rounded a corner there was a dark figure in the road ahead, so the novice nun stopped so as not to run over the figure. As she stopped she realised that the figure was actually a vampire and the terrified novice turned to her mother superior and asked what to do next.
"Turn on the headlights, they have special 'sunlight bulbs. which should burn into his flesh"
The novice duly turned on the lights, but all that happened was the vampire jumped onto the bonnet (hood) of the car. The novice turned to mother superior again and asked what to do now.
"Spray the windscreen washer - the reservoir is filled with holy water - that should work"
The novice, trembling with fear, fumbled with the switched and eventually sprayed the vampire with holy water with no effect.
The vampire at this point was peering menacingly through the windscreen, staring directly at the novice nun who again asked the mother superior what she should do next.
"Show him your cross, sister" advised the mother superior. So the young nun banged on the windscreen and looking the vampire straight in the eye shouted "Oi, DRACULA - GET OFF MY FUCKING BONNET"

I'll get my coat.... 🙂

The aerial view: big o t

I wear them. I have a small collection of really beautiful ones that I like. Protip don't assume you know everything about a person from one or two small details. There are WAY to many variables for you to ever take into account so you'll usually be wrong

@atheist yeah or it could be a keepsake from their dead parent. I'm very startled by people who claim to be scientificly minded and yet fall back on making assumptions & embracing bigotry

@atheist equating Nazism to religion is more than a tad extreme.

I was going to say oh! no! not another godbotherer! because I wanted to reply but didnt know what to say, so typing aimlessly I think vey little of it really I know kids who want them just because other kids do and I think they'll grow out of it!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29816
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.