Agnostic.com

36 4

Because everyone here is awesome, I assume we all love dogs. What are your favorite breeds?
I love German Shepherds, husky, retrievers, pits, and big happy mutts of all kinds. ..
I think the most beautiful puppy I ever saw was half German Shepherd half husky. So fucking beautiful!

obtusethevague1 7 Feb 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My favorite breed of dog is dog.

But I do have a fondness for GSD, rottweilers, and great Danes and huskies and Irish wolf hounds and I love big dogs

Lol

My favorite breed of dog is Rescue.

There are a lot of fake rescues these days.

Any place that helps dogs find homes is needed. Adopted breed is good too. @Qualia

@Annaleda I'm on my last rescue now, a legitimate rescue girl.
She had to be flu vaxed at 10 as a result of the "adopt don't shop" mentality that has become complicit in ushering in an industry which now imports dogs to "fill the need".
My point being the AR movement, which at its core is really against pet ownership altogether, has infiltrated the public consciousness and people should be made aware what's really going on and not be ashamed to get a dog from a breeder of good ethic and that unfortunately, rescues now need to be vetted as well as any breeder.

Well I thought we were over beliefs with out evidence. #catsrule

rofl

In my life I've been owned by a Schnauzer, a Puggle, a Norwich Terrier and a rescue mutt who genetic testing claims to be the fusion of a Malamute with a Pug.

My personal favorite was the Puggle, they are impossibly cute. However that one died untimely and the memory is painful because it suffered alot. I really love the mutt, he's almost human in his level of angst and sensitivity. In fact we give him prescribed antidepressants so he doesn't whimper all the time. He was abused as a pup ... it was a proud accomplishment to gain his trust.

Cats!..I love Cats..just Cats..ok?

Chihuahuas, but I think I'd like to have a Corgi in the future.

I have three chis. I want to rescue a Chinese crested next.

Didn"t realize the measure for awesomness was the dog meter__

I have always had dogs in my childhood..We had mongrels, a Corgi, In adulthood I had a Labrador cross Spaniel these days known as a "Springador" and now little Chihauhau x 2. I love dogs whatever there breed.

I for one do not have an affinity for any pets. I do not want anything that I have to feed, cleanup after or take care of. To each their own. I do enjoy wildlife.

I love most dogs but at this time my favorite are dachshunds. They are so bloody minded. I foster for Dachshund Rescue of Ohio. I used to foster for Columbus Dog Connection.

LOL the only breed that has ever bitten me. With that I've met some nice ones and if I were ever possessed to have one have a great woman in my FB list who keeps, breeds and works hers. Have to admit the wire coated ones are interesting.

I grew up with dogs as pets. Our first was a Shepherd Collie mix that adopted us. Our next was pure Collie. Loved both of them to bits. Still like dogs tremendously, but have developed an allergy to them. I sense cosmic sniggers over this.
Since then have become a cat person, and suspect I was a priestess in Bastette's temple long ago, for my affection for the cats in my house is leagues beyond anything I've felt for dogs.
Alas, I was a repressed cat person in a dog household.
It occurs to me that non pet owners will never understand the connections that dog and cat people develop with their favored animal. Cats are perpetual two-year-olds and, while this might not be the most adorable age in human years, it works for cats as they have the more fun parts of two-year-old behavior. Dogs offer something similar and unconditional love too, o we love them like children. A non pet owner won't get that.
Hmm, not a rant, but I took off on you in partial reaction to a coworker's dismissal of a friend's distress over her ailing dog. Apologies to you.

The dog I just lost was a chocolate Lab. He was the best 4 legged companion I've ever had. I know others who absolutely loved their chihuahuas which I can't stand. It's just different personalities like people.

I'm with you - a lot of small dogs are rather neurotic? Or anxious? Or something I just don't want to put up with.

Sorry about the loss of your dog,

I'm not sure small dogs are more neurotic. I would guess it depends on the breed not the size.

@RavenCT JMO I think small dog breeders too often allow bad tempered in their programs that would be speutered or PTS immediately if they were larger dogs.
I've seen one really calm chihuahua in my 54 years, one. LOL

@Qualia That's what I meant. We had a milkman when I was a kid. He said small dogs were the worst biters.

@tobije Note I didn't say "All small dogs". I've met a few I liked. But some really think they are big dogs and can take on anything. - Also makes them bitey. Ok apparently "Bitey" isn't a word. I'm using it anyway.

@RavenCT I try to be careful about what I say about dog breeds. I once told a lady that I couldn't stand poodles. She looked at me like I had slapped her child. It turned out, she and her husband had a poodle they were crazy about. I felt bad after I found out.

I love dogs and cats.

Alaskan malamute is my absolute fave. Runners up include Alsatians and Irish Wolfhounds.

I agree with that being agnostic/atheist goes naturally with being a dog lover. We are the most big hearted people. I love all dogs, but I prefer smaller dogs simply because they're easier all the way around. I would never want the responsibility of dog breeds known to be aggressive. I currently have two rescue dogs, I'm guessing one is part rat terrier and the smaller one is probably Havanese. I could never share my life with someone who does not love dogs.

I have a soft spot for westies and Cairn terriers.

I only get pets I can eat

I love dogs of all kinds, but because I miss my teddy bear the dog that I own needs to be "cuddleable." Maggie is an extremely spoiled three-year-old pound puppy who in this picture is wondering what happened to the turf and surf she ordered.

small ones. Although I am a lot like a dog and will get attached to just about any of them.

Love ‘em all. I have two rescues and a standard poodle (the poodle is belongs to one of my daughters who can’t keep him in her current job because of travels ).

Ohub Level 7 Mar 3, 2018

I love mixed breeds, a non specific dog, mostly big dogs, scruffy dogs.

We have two Blue Heelers. They are smart and extremely loyal. Velcro dogs. They fit me very well but there are many other kinds of dogs that I enjoy too!

I've always thought of myself more as a cat person. Except of course for the Australian Shepard I had in my 20s. And the old black lab I inherited with a house I bought in my 30s. And, of course, the chihuahua mix I got from my daughter a few years ago. But, of course each of them is special.

Ludgate, the chihuahua, is my current dog and kinda awesome.

I love all doggies, but I think I like Pits a wee bit more, I tend to like medium to large breed dogs a tad bit more than smaller breeds

My favorite breed are mutts. I would rather have a mixed breed, however, I have a husky and rat terrier that found their way to my house. My guess is someone dropped them off in the neighborhood thinking someone would take care of them. They were right. I also have a rat terrier/chihauhau mix and a german shepherd/pit bull mix. I love dogs.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29972
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.