Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Virginia first lady handed out cotton to African-American children on slave cottage tour, mother says - CNNPolitics

Cringe. WTF is WRONG with the NORTHAMS??? I've met both of them. They appear to be normal, intelligent, nice people and then each of them do really blind stupid sh%t like this? I mean, what the what? And where are their ADVISORS to gently say...DON'T HAND OUT COTTON TO AFRICAN AMERICANS ON A TOUR OF SLAVE COTTAGES??? (Unless you are going for that Hobby Lobby optics.....)

BookDeath 8 Feb 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Poor choice.

I remember hearing a storytelling podcast in which the comic recounts his experience of going to the same sort of place and being handed the same shit as a child on a school trip. Apparently it’s a long-standing tradition for white people to find more and more subtle ways to be horrible.

@BookDeath I just meant subtle relative to making them pick it, but yeah agreed.

What an incredible lack of self-awareness!

Just goes to show ... very difficult teaching old dogs new tricks.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:300106
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.