Agnostic.com

9 7

In case you haven't heard of them I would like to bring your attention to the Darwin Awards.
They are awarded to people who have died through their own stupidity and thus removed their lunacy from the gene pool.

[darwinawards.com]

ipdg77 8 Feb 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yeah, totally love them,

I sent one in to the Darwin website once. A guy was fishing with his friends, and for some reason, he got the bright idea to swallow a bluegill. It got caught in his throat and he choked to death. They sent me an email back saying "Sorry, we can't use it because it is way too common."

I love the Darwin Awards. Sometimes they do make me a bit squeamish but because they are true stories they do give me pause about mnkind.

I have always been a bit ambivalent about the Darwin Awards. I enjoy the Last Words of a Redeck joke--Hold my beer and watch this--but fear the Darwin Awards are too often given for people who died in acts that were daring--too daring for most academics--but not, for that reason alone, stupid.

It was Darwins birthday a few days ago. I thought in celebration all manufacturers should leave the warning labels off of their products for a day.

The Darwins are great

I love the Darwin Awards!!!
I think my all-time favorite is the zookeeper (German, I think) who gave a constipated elephant a laxative, and was then buried in elephant dung when the effects kicked in.
I still chuckle when I think of it.

Every single year... they are awesome.

I often see a video and think "How did this not become a Darwin Award?". (They should have died but they didn't).

Eeew! Some of those are too cringe-worthy to read.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30015
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.