Agnostic.com

8 6

I am having a time wishing for my old life back. I am in the home my wife and I shared, only, I have had to get roommates for the first time since in my 20's. This house has so many memories and is beautiful. I enjoy lovely surroundings, but it doesn't have the joy it once had. I feel I am fortunate to have a roof over my head and a pool that I will soon open if it ever quits raining in Houston area. I am lucky in so many ways, but can't rid myself of that ache of not being a couple. Doing things alone that we did together is so hard.
Now, I am over my pity party.

Sstonetx 4 Feb 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That takes time, if you don't map out some specific things that will help you create a new life...it will take a lot longer!! That is the one thing that I wished that I had...even half-way understood, after I got divorced! But, it took me 5 more years before i could throw in the towel! Five lost years! I have made a note over the years and very few people can go back (even to the place they grew up) and make it work again! Keep your focus on your future and what you want that to be...yesterday is gone and everything with it! I am so sorry for your hurt and struggle...Best of luck.

You can never get it back the same but that can be a great thing.

It makes me depressed when I go home. I can't go in a store without thinking about her. Every road I drive down there's a memory. I've only been home a couple weekends this last year. In a way I like thinking about her she was a wonderful woman. But I get so depressed I've never been loved so deeply. It's been almost a year maybe it will gett easier as I go but for now I just stay on the road.

😟 I get the every road part. It seems unfathomable to think that someday it won’t hurt as much, but those days do come. It will ALWAYS hurt and you’ll ALWAYS miss her — but in time, it won’t hurt quite so much. Till your song comes on. Or.......

Baby steps. One day at a time. Be kind and gentle with yourself. Both of you -- Sstonetx and Jameson — there is no requirement to rush grief and healing.

No I haven't dated anyone yet. This is my first effort to meet people.

My daughter taught me to try and see any good in every situation and balance it against the bad. There are, I would imagine, certain unique advantages for you to being single beyond appreciating your environs. This approach doesn't make any of the ache disappear, but it provides a more positive path you can follow up on. Can't help you with the roommate part. Hang in there, you'll figure it out in your own time.

Do background checks on the roommates before you rent to them

I have a couple of really really bad roommate stories and they're from just a few years ago

Time is the healer. Check. Talking helps. Check. We can't give you more time, but we can listen. Use us as a sounding board.

I do not believe you will get past this a long as you continue to live amongst those memories. IMHO

@Sstonetx I wish you well and success in finding what you are searching for here and in your life.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30326
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.