Agnostic.com

4 3

POLL The climate is changing. Why does that matter to me and why should it matter to you? - Katharine Hayhoe | PLOS SciComm

At first glance, it seems like a bit of a long read, but it's a good read and went by quickly for me. It has numerous links, including many to the 4th US National Climate Assessment, for which she was one of the authors.

• 10 votes
  • 9 votes
  • 9 votes
bingst 8 Mar 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I didn't vote, because all of the things listed I know without a doubt.

Same here.

I voted for the one that I felt most strongly about...

@Carin I thought about that approach, but I thought of them all three equally. I even thought about voting for all three of them, but I couldn't agree with any of them. I know, just too literal sometimes. Good article and references though.

The effects of global warming are already hurting our trees. Can't breathe without trees...

Instead of slowing it down or allowing our planet to heal … what I’m witnessing more and more are business and municipalities ‘preparing for it’.. And after they’ve invested millions in preparation ..what incentive will they have to slow it down or stop it..?

I’ve long believed science and scientists, advocated my neighbors and nation acknowledge and address the root causes. I’ve campaigned hard - in many ways.. And, I’ve lost. So here I am, amid an enlightened minority willing to do the same … stymied by Industrialists who assume passing Billions to their heirs will save them from the change that will, not only kill thousands of lifeforms, but may bring about the end of our own..

But the majority (in my sorry nation) are safe - because after they’ve consumed this planet - JC will arrive on a sunbeam ..beckoning them to another (amen) 😕

Varn Level 8 Mar 4, 2019

It doesnt matter if it harms me personally. I try to think of people around the world and generations human and otherwise to come

Yeah. I feel the same way. The questions I included were the ones she highlighted in her blog. I haven't looked yet at the other questions at the Yale web site.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:303640
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.