Agnostic.com

24 14

I'm really bad at introductions, so I'll keep this short and sweet!

Hello all, it's so wonderful to have stumbled upon this community of others who see the world in the same unfiltered way I do. Living in the bible belt my whole life has been an up and down ride, but it has also shaped me into who I've become, someone I am quite content with. I don't view spirituality as a negative trait, only the enforcement of whatever beliefs are held onto others.

Gravija 5 Feb 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Welcome. I’m a newbie myself and really digging the site so far.

Thank you! I am as well.

I grew up a Southern Baptist in Odessa. I'd go to bed at night crying and terrified that I was going to hell for impure thoughts. This drove me from religion and into the arms of the vedas. Welcome from OKC, OK. !

I held a lot of fear when I was younger over going to hell for any minor infraction. It took until I was a teenager to find that religion, as a whole, was toxic for me. Thanks for the welcome!

Isnt it ironic that you start of saying how bad you are at introductions only to go on to make a really great one?

Aw, thank you! I don't think it was a great one, but at least it isn't my worst ever? ^_^

compared to many including mine my love it was great?

Welcome to the asylum! Enjoy your stay.

Haha, thanks!

It's nice here, isn't it? Like being lost in a wilderness fully of shitty, dangerous savages and then finding this little, hidden valley of rationality where they have electricity and running water and can have a reasoned discussion and nobody tithes or sacrifices any livestock. Pretty sure I'll never leave. Welcome to the group!

Your comment made me laugh out loud, haha. It really is nice here. I'm loving it so far. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Welcome!

Thanks!

Welcome to a freethinker-friendly place.

Thank you!

Hello and welcome

Hi and thank you!

Welcome along 🙂

Thank you!

Welcome, from Texas! I’m new here too. Been too busy to post much yet, but I’m glad to be here anyway. Glad you found us!

Welcome to you as well then! It's a very interesting experience so far, finding all these people from all over the world who share my lack of beliefs, haha. I'm glad too!

Welcome, its nice to have you here.

I tend to like to read profiles, and I refer back to them often because my retention isn’t worth a shit. I had to chuckle at your description of yourself Demi-pan-poly.... my laugh wasn’t at you, but myself for not knowing what any of that is. But I’m sure it’s all good, and rattles the hell out of the Bible Belt.

Neither is mine. Until I've talked to someone a few times, I tend to forget a lot of details, including their name, unfortunately. >.> It took me years to come into all these terms and a lot of self discovery, of who I am and what I want in relationships. It does tend to raise a few brows here, particularly the poly bit as most people believe heavily in monogamy. If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask! I'm a fairly open book.

Hi I just joined. You come from a really interesting part of the world!

Hi! Do I? Texas isn't that interesting to me, too many conservative Christians here.

welcome aboard

Hello, lovely intro

Thank you very much! ^_^

and thank you too

Welcome to our little site... may you find friendship, fun, joy and more among equals in our little place.

Thank you very much!

Welcome. Glad you're here.

Thank you! I'm glad to be here. ^_^

Welcome to the group. We aren't a bad lot, with a few exceptions, perhaps, but i have no first-hand experience with that.

There are bad ones in every group, sadly. I'm adept at avoiding conflict and ignoring the rotten apples though. Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome it's full of good people and good questions.

It certainly seems to be so far. Everyone has been very nice and I look forward to joining in some of the deeper discussions soon. Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome to this great site.

Thanks!

Welcome to our marvelous community. Enjoy !

Thank you!

Welcome.

Thanks!

@Gravija You're welcome. 😉

Welcome!

Thank you!

Hiya!
Hope you find the community you want, although being part of the Satanic temple might not be a factor in your favor, but dunno. To many, it could seem as bad, or worse, than being an evangelical.

I'm also demisexual and panromantic, possibly both pansexual and polyamorous, but the demisexual part overrides all..I simply don't care.

Hi!

The Satanic Temple is just a social rights advocacy, really. They do a lot of counter-protesting in places Christians are protesting, to present an opposing side.

Same! I identified as pansexual until I came across demisexual as a term a couple years ago and realized that I definitely need an emotional connection before I feel anything sexual/romantic towards my partners. It's entirely about what's on the inside and trust and shared interests.

Thanks for the welcome. ^_^

Welcome! This is a great community! Thoughtful creative people!

Thank you! I've been exploring a bit and so far I've seen a lot of fantastic discussions and unique individuals.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30536
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.