Agnostic.com

15 0

Kindle worth getting?

Don't know a lot about them but there's a few books I'd like for free or cheap so are they worth having?

Daddio 4 Mar 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love my kindle for travel. I just throw it in my bag and I'm set for 2 weeks. My son got me 6 months of kindle unlimited one year for christmas. I've kept it up ever since.

It is hard to start a fire without it.

I put the Kindle App on an iPad Mini 6 years ago and have never tegretted it. I can carry 100s of books in one hand and have the surfing/processing power of a computer in that same hand. LOVE it!

Zster Level 8 Mar 1, 2018

Thanks all I got the app and found the book I wanted for nowt. Cheers!

They're great for travel, especially if you're the sort of person who, like me, considers a two-week holiday to be best spent reading solidly for the full 14 days. I do love the smell, look and feel of real books, but a Kindle is much lighter and there's plenty of out-of-copyright classics that can be downloaded for free (a lot of the free and very cheap newer, copyrighted stuff is so bad it's virtually unreadable, though).

Jnei Level 8 Mar 1, 2018

@WizardBill Precisely,

For about$ 100 more, you can get a 10 Samsung tablet that is actually able to do Everything a laptop can do, even run a printer, notjust Nook but Netflix

You technically don't need the Kidnle. Kindle has an app that you can run on your PC, your tablet, or your phone. Just get the Kindle app, set up an account, and you can still get the free books.

I love my Kindle. This Xmas will be 3 years that I've owned one.

I like colecting the crime books I read but I think they are good and cheaper.

I enjoy mine. I didn't want to put out what an iPad cost and initially wanted it mostly for reading. Got only WiFi capable so I have to be in range of a signal but that works for me. Reading on it is great because I've developed some eye problems and being able change the font size and color makes it easier. I don't have a smartphone, no plan to get one, waiting rooms and such I take the Kindle. Some have free WiFi so I can check email and boards like this one. More often I just use it to read. I have "cards" for the state and local library so I can check out books on the Kindle if I want.
BTW: i did this on my kindle.

The best thing about a Kindle (the Paperwhite, not the Fire) is that the battery lasts for months. Plus you don't get eye strain. Plus they're small enough to fit in a back pocket.

i love mine but just use it for reading. i can even download books from my local library

With a Kindle app you can download hundreds of free books onto any device you please; laptop, computer, tablet, smart phone, notebook, etc., and the Kindle app will update the books to where you left off, as you move from one device to another.

Plus you can carry an entire library with you to read on long trips.

if its just books you want it for they are great but anything else it can get limited. can't play certain videos , games etc . i got a ipad 3 AND ITS GREt for a wide range of things and reading (EXCEPT autocorrect) WHEN IT dies im planning on getting a mid range tablet so hopefully it will meert in the middle type thing .

i had one when hey first came out and loved it. now you can just use the kindle app on your phone for free.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30681
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.