Agnostic.com

10 5

So can someone tell me why no one is talking about the teacher in GA? I am genuinely confused why at a time when people are talking about arming teachers no one is talking about a teacher shooting their gun in a high school classroom. It seems odd or surprising or idk something...

DelilahJones33 6 Mar 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What ever sells guns is good, anything negative about guns is bad. What I do not understand is hw an organization with only 5 million members in a country of 330 million have so much power? The only answer is corruption IMO.

jeffy Level 7 Mar 4, 2018

The so called conservatives on this site haven't said anything about that. They were all posting about being experts of the 2nd amendement and about mental illness killing people not guns killing people. Now they are all quiet about this.

Obviously a STRONG indicator that armed teachers are a bad idea! There were some real weirdos teaching when I was a kid. One was a violent thug macho type. Wouldn't want him armed. He's dead, btw! heh. I DO wonder why the schools aren't secured during the day. IDs and such. Create jobs! Have at least someone checking at the gate. The courthouse is secure. Why not the school.

Hmmm.... Wonder if they'll start arming the nuns who taught me?

They were armed with rulers.

As much as I try to stay current of U.S. happenings from here in the Middle East, I just hadn't heard about it.

Tsk, tsk, though, the NRA might turn your neighbors against you or influence your teachers. Besides, unstable teachers are only people too! Shouldn't they have the tools to express their own sense of ethnocentric xenophobia?

It's in the few talks I've watched of political commentators on YouTube.

There is so much news that only 3 years ago would be totally scandalous. Now, because of the bulk of the scandalous news, it's become the norm.

EDIT: He's been arrested. He barricaded himself and fired the gun at a window to scare the principal who wanted to come into the room.

EDIT 2: David Pakman, the host of this political commentary YouTube show, said in the joke that ALL students should now be armed to protect themselves from teachers.

Oh, some of us are talking about it. It was the first thing I posted on Facebook after it happened. It's just the people that want to arm teachers that are ignoring it.

Duke Level 8 Mar 2, 2018

exactly

I think it's idiotic to assume that the average teacher would be able to hold up a gun and shoot someone . To kill them ! The average person does not have what it takes to be a killer. That is NOT a good plan. Less guns, not more! I'm sure the NRA is already rubbing their palms together and calculating the profits.

How should schools be protected?

@gdboogietime74 bulletproof glass, fenced perimeter, cctv with staff to observe.

@gdboogietime74 Get rid of the fucking guns. That took a lot of thought.

@SherryMartin i like those ideas but how much would it cost to make it happen to every school. Another exsmple of how a wall protects. Hmmmm.

@Sticks48 so get rid of our constituional rights? How about all the guns on the streets that come across thd border....hope you don't get shot unprotected. Make sure you get the cops there quick to save you...who have guns.

@gdboogietime74 I have no time to argue with stupid. If you could be smart you would. Good luck with that. Over and out.

@Sticks48 Okay Mr. Genius...go get rid of all the guns. Good luck w that. I'll be waiting to see how it works out.

The ignorant ammosexuals in Oklahoma are convinced it's a liberal plant.

It happened but so far it looks to me like no one is quite sure what "it" is. No students or staff appear to have been in danger.

Yeah, teachers having guns in classrooms, like that’s going to work!

You tube the clip from All In the Family where Archie wants to arm passengers on jets. It shows how ridiculously stupid the idea is. It made the rounds on FB

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31010
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.