Agnostic.com

25 4

What is the worst thing anyone has said to your face ? A coworker (bitch) once said to me "you must have been horrible in your last life to deserve the life you have now"

Duchess 7 Mar 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"I do" - my first wife.

Rofl

I wish it was a joke. 🙂

"Will you date me a haha I'm kidding who would ever want to be with you? Oh my god" in middle through high school it was such a joke that anyone could ever love me that I stopped being able to accept compliments because I truly believed anyone who liked me was lying. I still struggle with my self worth from it, though I am much better.

I got the same response when my freinds paid me $20 to ask out the cheer leader captain. I didnt take it personally though. If someone is going to go about their life being that judgmental and abrasive, then I want nothing to do with’em.

Many years ago during my high school years, I walked up to a rather attractive girl I was acquainted with while she was mowing the yard. I asked her if she wanted to go to the Christmas Festival with me. Her reply was "No, I'd rather do this".

My ex told me that my stroke was a lesson from God and that I deserved it . We didnt last long after that pearl of wisdom .

Holy fuck!

That's awful! 😟

My father, when he was dying of liver cancer told me I was the worst son any father could ever have. He was a real charmer.

Sorry to hear that mate. My farther didn't say that, but I knew I was the least favoured of the three of us siblings.

@Whathappensnow thanks man, it's cool, he's dead. I'm not.

I am so sorry to hear that. My father much preferred his sons over me despite me being the one most like him in appearance and personality

I hope you replied "that's right Dad, and I wouldn't donate any of my dog's liver let alone my own to keep you alive another minute".

What an ass. I've heard liver cancer makes people awful however. If he was already nasty to begin with imagine not likely to improve.

So sorry you heard those words. I've been there. Hearing crap like that changes who you are, or could have been.

@FrayedBear He was a strange man, obviously never wanted a family. Was very close to his own father, and from when my grandfather died, my dad was 30 and he just wanted to die. He never stopped drinking, diabetes, liver disease, cirrhosis never stopped him, so finally liver cancer took him out.So, I never lost any sleep, never missed him.

@dutchirish I had 40 years of that attitude and similar comments, quite apt that his was one of the last things he ever said.

@Dispirited I know what you mean, I have 2 kids, and they are the best ever, and I make sure they know how I feel.

@Qualia he actually improved, he died, wasn't as mean after that.

@SherryMartin I can't understand parents taking favourites, I have a son and daughter, they are so different, but I love them both equally.

That's just one. My mother once told me nothing I ever had to say would be of importance to her . I was about 10 years old. It proved to be a true statement. Then there was my husband (ex) who told me I was ugly and stupid and he wished he had never met me. I have survived so much, words don't hurt any more.

I see people who call you hurtful names as having issues themselves so my thoughts positively will be to turn it round. Sad when you are a child though..

You are beautiful inside and out!!! I went trough situations like that in my life and learn.... it does not metter what they think... it matters what I think!!!! I love me!!!!!! I am still single

Oooh. That would be a rejection in which she said:

"Some people in life are meant to be single. And you're just one of those people. And you'd be much happier if you just learned to accept it."

Still single, and every time I get rejected or dumped that echoes in my mind, what if she's right.

That was a cruel thing for her to have said. Even if she truly thought that,remember she only knew you at that moment. Maybe you just needed more experiences to reach your potential.

She. Is. Not. Right.

I'll fight her

Whaaaatttt? That's terrible! They had to be joking for sure. If not, I hope you decked the bitch.

now I'm scared

@steve148 lol

She wasn't joking. Big karma believer. Mean as hell.

At my age several come to mind but as a child I was promised a cheerleading outfit if I stopped being cold to my mother's boyfriend. After they were married, I asked for my costume and he told me I was too fat to be a cheerleader.

My first husband told me he would treat me better if I looked better. I would have been around 18 at that time.

I don't consider myself all that physically attractive but in my experience people became attracted to me after knowing me for about a year.

But that doesn't mean I think I am ugly because I don't. So I am not fishing for compliments here.

upon losing a loved one: "everything happens for a reason."

"You're useless - you can't do anything, you don't know anything; you've got no hope."

Thanks for that one, mum.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 2, 2018

We're sisters in experiences. Peace and love to you.

After a miscarriage in my 5th month - my OB/GYN said "Well it's for the best",
Because I wasn't married.

Man he was a hateful human being in retrospect?

I believe something like 25 % of all preganancies naturally abort mainly because the body recognises that there is something wrong with the foetus. He may have been making the comment with absolutely no consideration for you or your marital status. What amazes me is how the dreadful abominations resulting from things like radiation contamination or zika do not spontaneously abort.

@FrayedBear I was just going to say the same thing. Mother Nature should be thanked for miscarriages as cruel as that is. It's just Nature's way of saying oh well I f***** up ! this one's wrong, and it's not going to make it.

wow. no matter what the cause of the loss of a pregnancy people mourn that loss. TIme of gestation is immaterial but 5 months! you already formed a relation with the little person, so sorry

@FrayedBear Actually he was a judgy human being from day one.
I do understand what you're saying.

But he was a horse's ass.

@Kojaksmom Most occur between 1 to 3 months.

This Dr was a jerk - that wasn't his point at all. I was already weeping when he said this.

He's an Asshole

@SweetHarp I hope you got those feelings out later.

And Divorced him... such a good reason

@btroje Thank you.

@RavenCT that guy was heartless. I havent had a child but I think yoiu could grieve the loss from the moment you know you are pregnant. All those future thoughts...

@RavenCT that does suck. He should have been more supportive and understanding.

@Kojaksmom He was an epic fail. I spoke to other women who dealt with those two (in practice together over the years). They were astoundingly cold men.

From a religious sister-in-law in 1980, after my newborn son's lungs collapsed and he had to go into the hospital: "God must trust you a lot; allowing your son to suffer to make you stronger."

Geez I hate some people !

@dutchirish LOL! Well, the result of that comment turned me against god on the spot. I thought that if he was responsible for hurting my baby then I'd find a way to kill him. I'm relieved that he never existed.

Wtf. And they wonder why we become angry at them

That’s just sadistic!

If that had been me... She would have had a broken jaw.
That's one of the worse damn things you could ever say to a parent that has a child (especially a newborn) going through a medical emergency.

@NeoXerops Luckily for her, she said that in a "sympathy card" she sent me to console me when she heard about the trouble. I couldn't figure out a way to kill "god" so let it slide but that was sort of my last time to listen to church stuff.

That might be the most messed up thing I've ever heard. I mean the whole "God tests people with suffering" thing is in itself messed up. But saying it directly displays a tone-deafness and heartless attitude that boggles my mind. I think you definitely made the right call.

Although..if God only exists in the mind of his followers, by ending that belief you kind of did kill him

@Ersomething LOL! True

I have a medical condition I was born with. It cause tumors on skin.
Your a bumps make you look ugly.
Gues your going to blame your being stupid on you contition
You should be in a show (note what I have some people have many more tumors then me)

Crap! That's as bad as anything commented about here.

Well, I've got a huge list and some of the shit that has been said to me, someone else already posted it.
So, I'm going to go with one that has always perplexed me.

"Why didn't I meet you before I got involved with (current boyfriend or husband)?"

Bonus: "Why do you have to be you? Why can't you be normal?"
(Typically because I'm 6' tall, look very intimidating/scary, very abrasive when I need to be)
I've always played into that one and put the fear of "god" in them just by stepping up to them toe-to-toe and staring them down without saying a word.

My grandmother drummed it in "Sticks and stones will break your bones but words will only hurt if you let them".

I always hated that one.

@MST3K I didn't know that you knew my grandmother! How come? 😉

@FrayedBear lol 😛

“You look like a neo-nazi. I’m going to take you to the mall, dress you up and get you laid.” Didn't even say hi before insulting me. Three weeks later he got kicked out of the Military for sexual assualt.

Oh and "I'm leaving you for her." (About a 16 year old girl)

That made me scream in my head. Just a bit.

@RavenCT yeah nothing raises the ol self esteem quite like "I'm leaving you for someone younger "

That they didn't like my face. My face didn't come out of its room for two days!

Yeouch! HMMM Probably my mom telling me I was stupid. Its just who she was, I don't hold onto anything about it, shes passed many years ago.

"You're almost as charming a Jacob Rees Mogg"

WOW. Judgemental, eh? In a parent-teacher meeting, the parent said: "I don't understand why my daughter thinks you are beautiful."

My ex once said that all my money and all my assets that i worked so hard for were his. Maybe the money I had before we got married coud be mine. He also said I didn't deserve the kitchen I designed and paid for and it wasn't for me.

Consider yourself Lucky because soon he will be an EX for the rest of your life. Or if he is official ex-husband now... Congratulations. There are still ways an ex can hurt an asshole and get away with it. Most simple... don't ever let him see you cry again. Live with Dignity after the worst chapter in your life. Assholes can't stand to be unwanted or not needed.

i don't care what people say but its mostly said behind my back or on the internet

Yeah me too. When people tell me what others have said about me I usually laugh because it amuses me that they won't confront me. I'm told my boss fears me.

lol, its all good, demand a rise

The worst thing I ever said to a co-worker was.........If you are an example of the quality of the sperm that you evolved from, then the rest must have been pretty bloody awful !

The ashtray you just built... just caught fire.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31071
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.