Agnostic.com

9 9

LINK Photos: Nebraska flooding viewed from above | Gallery | omaha.com

My part of the US has had some horrible flooding. I'm lucky not to be affected by it, but many folks in my area are. One of the pictures is a farm near Missouri Valley, IA. I looked at it and went "Oh, tomorrow is my sister's birthday, I wonder if she is OK". She lives on a farm in Missouri Valley. So I am emailing her now. This has been a crazy winter/spring.

HippieChick58 9 Mar 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was just going to post to see how you are and others living in this area

Wow, you are having floods and we are having a drought.

E. Colorado, too with the drought.

That's some cold water too.

BD66 Level 8 Mar 16, 2019

That is totally true. They were using dynamite to blast ice jams from some of the rivers. We had a good three weeks of sub freezing temperatures and several inches of snow. The end of winter has been very harsh this year.

Starting up here too. Take care.

It is really bad, for sure. I live close by both Methodist and Bergan Mercy hospitals here in Omaha and it was a STEADY stream of helicopters in and out all day long. I've never heard the like of it! Glad you are ok......

Ohub Level 7 Mar 15, 2019

Thanks!! I chose a place to live well, I'm near the top of a hill. Sometimes getting to the hill is tricky, but no flooding close to me. Some of the road construction out here at 156th is making life "interesting."

Lots of parts of 15 & 91 are closed. Still in a warning 'till the 20th.

[enterprisepub.com]

Wow. I'm hoping it gets thawed out and dried out here before we get thunderstorms.

It going to get worse as climate change accelerates I'm afraid..hope your sisters ok..

So much this, people really need to wake up. 😟

@CaroleKay And do exactly what? Anti-rain dance? Precipitation has never been an equal distributor.

@GuyKeith don’t tag me with your Idiocracy please. Remember we did this before.

@CaroleKay Wrong word.

What a pain in the arse. First I had to identify a load of squares in pictures that contained cars, followed by a repeat with a different picture. Having passed the test, I get faced with a screen saying they can't show me the article anyway, because I'm in Europe. It would have saved a lot of time to have brought that third screen up first!

I'm sorry! I don't know if you will have any better luck with this, it is another article about the flooding from another city. [journalstar.com]

@HippieChick58 Better. It came right out and said Sorry - Europe, rather than first verifying.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:311475
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.