Agnostic.com

24 2

If you had one wish that you were guaranteed to come true would you choose something for yourself, or something fo others?

Maybe a dumb question. But I know the most common wishes are for money or happiness or something very personal. But, if you could make a wish that would help everyone would you make that wish instead of the more personalized goal.

For me, I’m torn between the two. But if I had the choice, I think I would choose something for myself that would give me the power to help others.

ChrisJones 6 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would wish that every human on this planet would have, as a minimum, as good a life as I have.

Well thought.

you always say the best things IMHO

I would wish for the world to be rid of religion and superstition. Everyone would benefit as a result.

There is a little girl, that I know, who is Special Needs. My wish would go to her.

Racism is demolished.

I think I would choose something for myself that would give me the power to help others.

You have that already...

Tales of the Hassidim, the story of Rabbi Pinchas. He was granted this opportunity and replied that he had everything he needed and didn't require a wish. Then he spent the rest of his life regretting that he didn't wish for world peace.

Sounds like an interesting story! Since stories of receiving wishes usually end badly for the person making the wish I wonder how the story would go if he had made the wish.

I would wish my four legged family companion members would live longer.

My dream wish would be the god like ability to instantly cure serious medical problems for the public at large, [ something that Jesus was alleged to be able to do ] but unlike him I would actually do it ! No bullshit ! and with no tithe or charge requested. !!

i would help animals and nature

I would agree with you. I would probably wish for something that would put me in a better off state that would allow me to help others better.

I'd choose something for others. The things I want in life that can make me happy and give me fulfillment are achievable, so I wouldn't want to waste such a power on myself.

I like this question! I think I would wish to be a crimefighting super heroine with a happy life. 🙂

I broke a wishbone with someone yesterday. I wished for his son to straighten up; THe wishbone broke equally by the way

Ok, my wish would certainly not be welcome by most people on the planet,
I would wish for a 90% reduction in the population of humans.
perhaps make 90% of the people infertile?

For my son to quit drinking and be happy !

How about a healthy level of unconditional love amongst all humans? That would be good for everybody.

That would be worth the wish.

What you said, or something that would benefit me and another/s both.

Yeah I'd wish for billions of dollars (or some ridiculous amount). I could then use it to help do all kinds of things while also not sacrificing personal comfort. Kind of a cheap copout but why not help both at the same time?

I don't wish. Pardon me.

If Wishes were Fishes, Fooles would cast Nets. If they could imagine that you would believe that it came true then they would invent a scenario to make it look apparent. Go out and fail which will bring it all into perspective on more levels that you can imagine. You have to learn that when the storm is upon you 'to dance in the rain' when your going thru hell to keep going, and to 'look back but don't stare'. I learned to stop wishing long ago.

Spoilsport 😛 Anyway, as long as one does not overly indulge or truly delude themselves, a bit of imagination can be an impetus for positive real change.

All babies born would be healthy. I see way too many unhealthy babies and children every day.

I would wish for my son, Oliver, to be back alive, healed of his demons. Sefish I know.

Sometimes a little selfish is a good thing.

This answer might be age related , because I lived a fairly daring life had lots of changes and did lots of things already now I am 70 I'm slowing down so it makes more sense as I am feeling fulfilled enough ot give something back especailly as htere is nothing I feel 'wanty' for. So world Peace Goodwill to all.

World peace and understanding.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31504
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.