Agnostic.com

8 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thank you for this. I think most on this site are not surprised, I'm not. There are actually ratings for charitable groups and Charity Navigator is one. It gives Freedom From Religion Foundation a grade of 95 [charitynavigator.org] . People should check this out before contributing. Of course many of the Christian groups actually want to spread violence because in their pea brains it will bring in the apocalypse and the return of Jesus on a white horse.
It's great that a periodical as Newsweek published this. Information needs to be given to these kind of things.

Loopholes need to be plugged.

I believe it.

Of course they do..gotta help those poor put upon white kkkristians don't they?

Messed up for sure, but I don't understand why Newsweek decided to lead with an unrelated and misleading photo of white supremacists. Nothing in the article suggests racial hate groups received any money from the NCF.

@VictoriaNotes

I agree, they are despicable. But it just feels like Newsweek is trying a little too hard to demonize them. Connecting dots that may not be there. I've eaten at restaurants that serve veal, but patronizing such an establishment hardly makes me complicit in animal cruelty.

Don't get me wrong, I do not approve of even the idea of the NCF, and I certainly do not support or condone misogyny, xenophobia, or bigotry of any kind. I'm just not thoroughly convinced they are knowingly and purposefully supporting neo-Nazis and the KKK. As much as I dislike the religious, I still believe most of them are good enough human beings that they would not willingly and knowingly support racial supremacy. But who knows, I could be wrong. The truth has a way of eventually coming out. 🙂

Thanks for this post to be honest this is the first I've heard about this, Sad to say I'm not surprised that the Church Group engages in not just hate speech but funding right wing Hate groups. What bothers me is the rise of White Nationalism which I believe is nothing more than the KKK without their Hoods. At one time they had a supporter in the Whitehouse and now I'm afraid to say they do again.

This is insane!

"The nation's eighth-largest nonprofit donated $56.1 million to a series of organizations identified as hate groups from 2015 to 2017, according to a report from Sludge.

National Christian Foundation, which identifies itself as the largest Christian grant maker and one of the largest donor-advised funds in the nation, has served as a vehicle for individuals trying to anonymously send money.

The NCF's website says it has "accepted over $12 billion in contributions and made over $10 billion in giver-recommended grants to more than 55,000 charities."

So they have $2B in overhead?

I wonder from to time how those people can sleep at night, they claim God didn't make any mistakes and being gay is a persons choice. I've yet to hear anyone I know who agrees with that statement including a some of my Christian friends. However I'm not at all surprised of their huge over head evidently it costs a lot of to build huge mega churches and support their leaders in the life style they require, and to put the message out here.

"Charities" are rackets! Only 5-15% of what they rake in goes to helping anybody. The rest goes to operating costs, and huge salaries for the CEOs!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:316427
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.