Agnostic.com

10 6

LINK How “Case for Christ” author Lee Strobel fabricated his best-selling story – Alternet.org

Sounds like some of those Kevin Sorbo movies I see in Redbox, sometimes

chalupacabre 8 Mar 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not interested in fairy tale

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 29, 2019

My Trumper and barely christian friend encouraged me to watch the movie after he saw it in the theatre. I watched it, half awake , half asleep. Obviously it wasn't the least bit interesting or eye opening to me.

twill Level 7 Dec 16, 2019

In this article, there's an interesting mention of the deception around the whole celebrated "conversion" of Anthony Flew, too. Good reading.

Noticed that, too, and recalled the name from reading the God Delusion, in which Dawkins described how Flew's final days were a tool to be manipulated.

I read that a long time ago and when I finished it I scratched my head thinking that cops will lie just some one so they can close a case or cover up their bad behavior. Not all do those things. I've come believe that a thief who steals are stuff those goods can be replaced, but a liar warps our reality causing us make bad decisions. Thank you Knowwing that really p***** me off. Live and Learn.

Now I realize how corrupt Strobel was I feel somewhat ashamed for talking about the Police even though I still believe that about the cops. When these right un-truths and I respond I do feel like a dumb*** for not learning more about the person who wrote the book, sometimes to err is to be human certainly applies to me. 75% of the Police are honest hard working citizens as we are and they to seek the truth. I just used a figure please don't hold me to it, Higher/low

My ex gave one of the Strobel books to our oldest daughter. She never read it. I asked her if she wanted me to help it disappear, and she said I could. I took it to a used book store and sold it. I hope they filed it in Fiction.

Sounds like the makings of a new reality show to me.

Don't think I need to read the link since every case for Christ is fabricated.

1of5 Level 8 Mar 23, 2019

I'm not at all surprised. If you want to milk a bunch of money from evangelicals, I think you could do what he did: claim you were an atheist and then had a conversion. Through in some salacious details and your book will make you plenty of money. Of course, you might have to go on a book tour and speak to a bunch of churches.

My goal: write the book as a parody discussed just well enough that they think it's real. Shouldn't be that hard.

Like the tv show God Friended Me, in which the protagonist is supposed to be an atheist.

So an unabashed fraud manipulates truth while claiming he is using logic and hard investigative techniques to confirm the superstitious beliefs of gullible people for money? Wow. That's gotta be a first, no? RME

And they say he's affiliated with a megachurch? Wha?! ? Article showed up in my fb gree because I follow cfi.

I took it that Strobel had to do something because his wife and kid became believers. To save his marriage he came up with the book idea and this came across so well that it made into a movie. Do I believe that Strobel now believes in an invisible man in the sky? Hell no, but this is just my take on it all.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:316735
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.