Agnostic.com

11 1

LINK Antique Bible left intact by two church fires - UPI.com

It's a sign from God. Nothing's said about God burning down 2 churches ... only that God saved the Bible twice. (Faith is such a funny thing. Not "funny ha-ha" ~ the "smh&eyeroll-funny." )

SeaGreenEyez 9 Mar 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sometimes it is ha-ha funny. 🙂

If someone ever tries to claim this as a miracle or testament to their loving god, you should ask them if God thinks phonebooks and dictionaries are sacred too. Any book that is thick and closed will have a good chance of surviving a fire. Firefighters find intact books all the time in structure fires where pretty much everything else was destroyed.

My stack of Playboys won't burn! It's a miracle!

The argument could be made that what this demonstrates is that God hates churches.

The religious world is strange.

Years ago my parents had an old 2 story house with 2 upstairs bedrooms atop a long winding set of stairs. For reasons I will never understand they had a wooden chair at the top of the stairs and an old bible sitting in that chair. Just enough of a landing there for that chair and a person going into either of the 2 rooms. The bible would fall out of the chair with a great big thud sound. It happened one day when I was home and we were all downstairs. When we went and checked after hearing that noise the bible was found in the floor. They always put it back in the chair.
I've heard a lot of tales about how that bible would fall and made up ideas of why it would, but I always asked myself why it was put in the chair in the first place and then why they would put it back after it would fall. Reasons for this are stranger than the event itself. I never got an answer.

you can find a miracle just about anywhere if you look.

It was probably printed on the human skin of witches and unbelievers. That burns much slower than wood and plaster.

And the miracle of insurance?

Some say third time’s the charm.

Sooo it burnt it church down twice but missed the book..that's sloppy arson imho..

The opposite happened during floods in Cornwall a few years back - a Christian reading room was destroyed, while a museum of witchcraft on the other side of the street was completely untouched!

Jnei Level 8 Mar 25, 2019

Ok so what

bobwjr Level 10 Mar 25, 2019

@SeaGreenEyez There is no evidence that god even exists much less evidence that it saved any bibles or anything else for that matter. A chance happening and nothing more.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:318062
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.