Agnostic.com

37 3

Why is it so important to break someone else's faith?

GodlessVoice 5 Mar 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

37 comments (26 - 37)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It really isn't. It's just annoying when believers try to foist nonsense on you or justify their own assininity with vapient recitations of things other people have said in defense of their stupidity.

Religion is the last bastion of old world ignorance which hurts the entire world.

It shouldn't be. To each their own, as long as nobody tries attack or change my beliefs, or lack thereof; I won't do such to them.

MrOhm Level 4 Mar 3, 2018

Its a non issue for me. People all have to find their own path, and I sure don't want to interfere with their journey of discovery.

It's not to me....and when somebody starts to talk religion to me I get up and leave.

What is the abandonment of faith if not enlightenment?

Realistically faith isn't broken by an external influence. When you challenge someone's faith they fall back on the defense mechanisms they've been indoctrinated to use. Faith can only be overcome when the believer comes to his/ her own realization of its absurdity.

As for the reasons why eliminating faith would be desirable, the other posts here provide adequate answers.

JimG Level 8 Mar 3, 2018

because people believeing in stupid things are going to harm themsleves and/or others

I'm not interested in breaking anyone's faith; I'm interested in helping them when they want to change their own beliefs.

Mostly the pure masochist joy of it...also it makes me feel better about the failures in my own life. 😛

The purpose of life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

I'll be honest, I do try and get people, mostly friends to see through the fraud. Just as I would educate them on many htings or advise them not to invest n a scam if I found they were considering it.

It isa important to foster critical thinking.. Breaking one's faith is something which can only be accomplished by the person himself or herself.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32033
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.