Agnostic.com

29 4

What was the worse thing you ever ate?

For me it was pickled herring.

Leutrelle 7 Mar 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That giant slice of birthday cake my ex mother in law served me, which was so dry it caused permanent dehydration.

If that's not a metaphor it should be.

That frozen $1 beef and bean burrito I had ran thru me like a pack of angry wolves.

Used to be a regular part of my diet after a night of drinking. That grease really soaked up the alcohol.

@Rudy1962 lol. same here. any local greasy diner was fair game also

We ate some soup at this cantina in mexico. It had fish eyeballs floating in it, fish heads, parts of the skeletons, hominy and who knows what else. It tasted horrible.

Dad kept telling us that we had to eat it or they would kill us. He got a lot of mileage out of that one.

That was 35 years ago and it still makes me a little sick to recall it.

LOL @ "... or they would kill us."

Live fresh beetles that I had to find myself. And chew. Sour and gross cuz we had to watch each other eat them.

Was that a Frat house thing?🙂

OMG your cat in a Jean Jacket vest! 🙂

@Leutrelle Marine corps survival training. First day. Right before we drank each other's pee. Yep. Good times.

@RavenCT I wish I could get my kitteh to wear a vest....I would make him one for sure...but the blood cost would make a Texas Chainsaw Movie look like a vegan barbecue.

@JohnnyThorazine Well it's still adorable! Yes I would die too.... well no maybe one of them? The one that let's me put a Thundershirt on him. (for T-storms). lol

@JohnnyThorazine Why? Just ... why? Pee? I've survivalists say that's so bad for you?

@JohnnyThorazine O my God, or some agnostic verbal surprise🙂

@RavenCT I know people recently that do martial arts who swear by drinking their urine in the morning...oh this conversation sucks...haha...but much like that canteen of urine, I will finish it...ick...if I remember correctly, we were informed that each person ejects different vitamins and minerals in their urine, so you can get nutrients from your fellow marines pee....I have never followed up on this information...haha...

@JohnnyThorazine You are killing me🙂

Raw oysters without a doubt

More for me🙂

@Leutrelle And me!

pickled herring has a particularly inappropriate flavor. scrapple is also nasty, as is souse meat.

Dried flying ants. Grease from them sticks in the back of the throat

Khmm Level 5 Mar 3, 2018

If there was an award for the worst thing eaten, then you would diffidently be runner up🙂

@Leutrelle it's a delicacy in Zimbabwe.

Caulflower,

I was at a girlfriend's rural home in Nova Scotia... their family ate something every week they called "Roppie Pie". It was a bowl full of nothing but melted pig fat that they cut with molasses. THEE grossest thing I ever had to choke down. I came so close to puking...

Man and I thought I had it bad🙂

I'd have to say kholrabi...Scrapple was a close second....

Have never eaten it but smelled it: Blood Sausage. Exactly what it sounds like.

My parents loved that stuff.

Also the reason i developed an interest in incense.

HA Ha🙂

If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?

Overcooked calamari (squid).....propenly cooked it is delicious but even a fewseconds too long in the fryer exactly like rubber bands

Patriarchy.

Unflavored, juiced Thai greens, that I drink daily for my health. Even when it tastes OK, the aftertaste makes me feel like wretching.

Usually I juice half a carrot, several different pungent Thai herbs, a water plant, a cucumber, and cabbage. I buy what's available at the little shop a few blocks from my place, so it's usually different each time.

Sounds healthy.

@Leutrelle Last night the juice wasn't too revolting, but I never know how each batch will taste. I would never voluntarily drink this, but it makes my eyesight sharp, and gives me other health benefits.

Ya, raw fish bait turns me off as well...

I love it, but it must be fresh.

Venison that wasn't dressed properly.

I makes a big difference on how the meat is handled after the kill.

@Leutrelle I grew up with hunters. Even though I'm not one, I learned how to prepare the deer correctly.

Guess I'm still looking for it. Have tried a lot of different things, and not a picky eater.

Salted licorice. Had a Dutch mate who was mad for the stuff. Dubelzalt had to be the most deliberately unpleasant foodstuff in the world.

I love pickled herring. I can only get them in Netherland. The ones in Scandinavian countries are too sugary.

I usually see pickled herring cans or jars when I am looking for anchovies or smoked oisters. And they look appetizing, but how are they eaten?

A raw bullhead on a dare, when I was drinking and fishing with friends.

I dated an Indian boy some years ago who had me try pickled vegetables his parents sent. Supposedly they are a popular traditional snack where they're from. I took one bite and immediately needed about a gallon of water to wash away all the salt. It was like a mouthful of ocean times ten.

I've pickled vegetables, and it is easy to over salt.

Hmmm... chitterlings, I suppose?

I love pickled herring, lol.

I think the worst thing I ever ate was Brinjal pickle.

All German food. No wonder they went after France in two World wars. They were looking for something good to eat!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32117
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.