Agnostic.com

26 6

How do you react when someone in a group reject you?

EmeraldJewel 7 Mar 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I avoid groups ingeneral-more a 1 to 1 person these days.

I concur.

Meh; (try to) take it in stride. Who are they anywho? Don't be sold, over-sold on the value to other people's' approval. Know and like yourself WAAAAAY ahead of seeking others acknowledgement for what you are, hope to be.

You nailed it. This was going to be my answer exactly.

I try to keep it from bugging me, but it will get to me to some degree. It fades over time though.

Their loss not mine..

I beat my head against the wall and cry and stomp my feet. No, seriously, how would I know they rejected me? I have never met any of you.

Rejection is always difficult to deal with but one always gets over it and moves on.

Virtual shrug.

I will be reminded of high school, but Im wiser and older now, so I will just shrug and move along. Won't let that bullshit destroy me these days.

Sacha Level 7 Mar 5, 2018

Depends on the reason. If it's because of my ideas then I will listen. If there is no valid reason based reason for rejecting my ideas than it's no big deal.

I once wrote in a conversation that when name calling and emotion is the only answer then this only proves my point that they have no basis for their argument; so bring them on. Most of the time it stops. When it doesn't I ignore them. There will often be a time our ideas go against the majority. That must be expected. It's only a lack of civility that causes sore feelings and I refuse to go down that road.

Perhaps it's generational; the older I get, the less I care unless the person can cause me some sort of harm

not my thing so im not bothered

I don't do groups.

Probably don't talk or acknowledge them, I don't have to kiss there rear end

Never happened to me - and their loss if it did.

I tend not to care, and just hang with the folks in a group who do like me

I get grumpy. I'm excluded a lot and it makes me feel angry and I don't like it.

Why do you get excluded?

@Tiffanny I am like spinach. Lots of people just really really don't like me, even if they've never tried me.

@LadyAlyxandrea Oh that is sad maybe you being an attractive person makes people feel insecure perhaps?

@Tiffanny nah its because I'm super weird and have no filter lol

@LadyAlyxandrea Good to be individual!

You have to love somebody to feel the pain of rejection, true rejection can only be felt if you truly love somebody. Mass rejections are little more than hiccups that are painful yet they can be conquered in a matter of a short time.

I don't know how I react. But im not good at being rejected.

I could care less. I am not much for groups. I am not one who conforms to everyone's thinking. I do what I want, and I say what I want, and I think what I want.

???? If this emoji counts as a description of my reaction to rejection, this is how!

Relieved! Nothing an intorvert hates more than constant invitations to social anythings.

I don't do groups. People aren't the same in groups. They bring out the worst in people.

Groups are ugh! I’ve akways just kept to myself.

It depends on the person and the group.

As I take every passing day. There’s nothing I could do to stop em.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32959
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.