Agnostic.com

17 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Says the holier than thou hypocrite who treated Anita Hill like his own sex object! 😡

Kinda like idiot trump saying that democrats hate jews...a supreme court justice who doesnt know that witnesses are allowed to affirm to tell the truth...rather than swear to some non-existent being...amazing

lerlo Level 8 Apr 28, 2019

Swearing on the bible has never prevented people from lying.

Agreed. Pretty good scam for the unscrupulous. It’s also pretty stupid in our more eclectic age. If I tell a lie the Monster Soup Dragon will consume my family. Shit, never mind everone’s Best interest, I must tell the whole truth to save them.

I get a laugh at how Xians equate their faith with superiority over non-believers. Their thinking seems to be: "I believe there are invisible magical people in the sky which makes me far more wise, moral, and trustworthy than those who don't."

How does being ignorant enough to believe in an obvious lie make them better informed in any way? How they square this circle in their heads almost qualifies as a religious miracle.

lol! because the religious always keep their oaths! If you believe that I got some ocean view property in Florida for ya at a great price.

Remember, the conservative members of the Supreme Court are all religious. The talk about untrustworthy yet they (the Catholics) still support the most untrustworthy, dishonest, deceitful, scumbag organizaton in the world.
"“I don’t think I know a single judge that had allowed religion to interfere with their jobs.” Yet they are doing just that by allowing their religious beliefs to influence their decisions. Besides the No Religious Test Clause of the United States Constitution is a clause within Article VI, Clause 3 and forbids any federal officeholder or employee to be required to adhere to or accept any particular religion or doctrine as a prerequisite to holding a federal office or a federal government job. Not having a religion should make this a slam dunk choice.

Who would trust a theist, they can say anything and absolve themselves to their Iron Age Sky god myth!

BillF Level 7 Apr 15, 2019

People who did not know where the sun went at night.

@BufftonBeotch Where does it go? I never thought about it!

@Geoffrey51 I will cut you.

@BufftonBeotch what does that mean?

@Geoffrey51 Zebras fart daffodils where the sun goes at night.

Thomas can't be trusted to judge because he's ignorant.

And he actually...spoke?

And you think he would be quite revered in his Pinpoint, GA really poor Black communities?

hmmm not so much.

When he does visit he sticks to the elite country clubs.

I had someone go apoplectic because she insisted that an oath (to office or court) needed to be done on a Bible.
This was after the recent swearing in to congress of Rashida Tlaib on a Quran.

When I informed her it was Thomas Jefferson's Quran she really lost her mind.

She insisted there was no way a founding father would have a copy of the Quran.

It does not have to be sworn on anything at all to be valid.

Oh and when I said that "So help me god." Was something that can be voluntarily said but not really a part of what is said by the bailiff.

That was not true because of all the times she had seen on TV.

Greatttttt answer! Well done

Theists can't be trusted, because truth means nothing to them.

Yea, like anyone smart enough to think the pyramids were grain silos is someone worth listening to.

What !!. I always thought they were runways for alien spacecraft

@Moravian that would make more sense.

Yeah, that is irony in motion, considering the source.

Fuck that guy. He is not much more than a coat hanger for that judge's robe.

Let's change that up a bit....

Politicians can't be trusted since oaths mean nothing to them
The affluent can't be trusted since oaths mean nothing to them
Evangelical Christians can't be trusted since oaths mean nothing to them

I could go on, but you get the picture.

One could argue that oaths/vows/promises don't matter to Xtians because they can just ask their sky daddy for forgiveness later. Plenty of examples come to mind.

dkp93 Level 8 Apr 14, 2019

you must sniffing something because you are way off

Ummmm.....No.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:331123
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.