Agnostic.com

3 6

LINK We just don’t think about the weird bits of the Bible, admit Christians

Back when I was a xian, one of the pastors admitted they frequently glossed over some of the weirder parts of the buybull. And the ones that followed the lexicon would pussyfoot around the weird parts, because you can't do much else with it.

HippieChick58 9 Apr 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They don't think at all..

Jeez :Louise, the whole Goat-herders Guide to the Galaxy is weird to the utter maximum, right from the front cover through to the back cover.

I LOVE that title, and I am notifying you now that I am stealing it and will be using it in the future.

@HippieChick58 You, or anyone else are more than welcome to use it any time, anywhere and any place.

I found this when I googled Goatherder's guide, it made me laugh. [richarddawkins.net]

@HippieChick58 Yeah, the Goat-herders Guide is truly a mélange of superstitions, innuendos, myths, legends, fire-side tales and stories designed to scare children, etc, etc, made up, completely, from plagiarized tales, etc, of other much older cultures, etc.
For example, the biblical flood myth is direct from both the Epic of Gilgamesh and the once Annual Flooding of the Nile Valley in Egypt, and also most likely from ancient memories passed down from the end of the last big Ice Age when the waters of the Mediterranean Sea rose up and forced their way through what was once a narrow land mass and is now the Straits connecting it and the once fresh waters of the Black Sea.

You'd be better off reading the original Sumerian texts, from which the Bible was copied.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:334573
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.