Agnostic.com

20 21

What type of lover do you want?

"With sex, a giver and a sensualist make a great pair," Bill, a medical doctor, observed yesterday during our post-coital glow. He's a giver; I'm a sensualist. This struck me.

Bill enjoys giving me pleasure. A+. But I get so lost in sensual pleasure, sometimes I feel guilty. It's like coming out of a deep sleep.

"Stop being so selfish," I think.

So, I get busy to increase his pleasure. We had a wonderful time. I'm still glowing.

Here we are snowshoeing in December 2017. It was the first time Bill used snowshoes. He did great. On our second date, Bill flew me over the Cascade Mountains in his private plane. That's Mt. Rainier in the photo.

Ten years younger than me, Bill is an ultra-fit, competitive bicyclist. He loves my fit body, intelligence, humor, goodness and cheerfulness, he said.

After three dates, I dumped him because his Republican, Christian values are the antithesis of mine.

"I miss you," Bill said, reaching out last month. ""One of the happiest moments of my life was when you took me snowshoeing in the mountains."

Glad I gave him another chance.

LiterateHiker 9 Apr 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One who won't drive me crazy, or drive me mad...……………..😉

Absent ones, like sailors. long-distance train conductors or astronauts.

I once had a brief fling with a much younger woman that was Agnostic and progressive on some issues of identity politics, but Libertarian and conservative on economic issues and abortion. I was much younger then and had not yet met my wife. It was probably the closest thing I've ever had to a FWB, but I felt some romantic things for her, tho I doubt that was mutual. Never again with someone who is conservative or Libertarian.

She was probably a hedonist or sensualist.

What is a sensualist exactly? 😕 I don't think it is necessarily one or the other. I think a person can be both a giver and a sensualist.

I have always had heightened senses. Like all personality traits, there are positives and negatives.

Positives

Deeply pleasurable, sensual and ecstatic experiences bring joy and pleasure to my life.

Mini-orgasms. Smelling beautiful, fragrant roses. "OH! Smell THIS one!" I cried, running from rose to rose at the Portland Rose Garden. After an hour I had olfactory overload. Could smell nothing.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but great sex. As a musician, I have a rhythmic body and hands. The mind is the best sex organ. Enough said.

Soaring music, touching a baby's soft hand, laughter with friends, taste, touch, smell, sight. "We all need more low-level ecstasy in our lives," I wrote in my profile. An understatement.

My daughter Claire, 29, shares my intensity, high energy and high tolerance for pain. Last year, I drove to Seattle to give Claire birthday presents. During lunch we had a fascinating conversation about coping techniques.

Negatives

"My intensity is too much for some people," Claire said. Ditto.

Coping techniques: we both do yoga, exercise, meditate, breathe deeply and... wait for it... fidget to expel overflowing energy. I'm a foot wiggler. Sleeping with Claire is like sleeping with a tornado. Humor helps.

Mediation grounds and centers me. It slows me down, always a good thing. Sleep is wonderful because it resets my nervous system, and heals tiny muscle tears and soreness from weightlifting, jogging and hiking.

Like Claire, I feel the atmosphere about me too acutely: the stealthiest shifts in wind direction, ozone level, barometric pressure. Sometimes it's almost too much to bear.

But we both enjoy our intensity, high energy, high intelligence, searching minds, sensuality and humor. This makes us who we are, and immeasurably enriches our lives.

@Bigel

Thank you. You're right.

Darn it! Agnostic.com removes the "Edit" button on older comments.

Can't fix it.

The one that is into me... because I will be into her.

Republicans turn me on.

As a non-believing conservative, you are going to find most men on here are lefties, but there are also a lot who aren't. Finding a man to date or meet will depend on where you live and if you will date LD.

Fine, I'll be a Republican for the night.

HAHAHAHA...So you're kinky.

@maturin1919, @BeerAndWine how sweet of u...

Perfection,is rare,many times to get a deep love,things must be overlooked or ignored,compromises in any relationships, must be considered.

I had not considered classifying sexual styles in that way, but it makes sense that a conservative religious guy would tend to be a "giver"; that was certainly what my conservative religious upbringing socialized me to be. (Or perhaps that's what I already was and that's what attracted me to the way religion defines male/female roles and interactions -- I'd be tempted to say that if it weren't for the fact I was basically born to it before I was fully formed). In my limited personal experience I have not encountered a "sensualist" and wish that I had because now I think of it, that is the sort of partner I assumed I'd generally encounter, and haven't. Oh well.

I think you're wise to give Bill a chance. If you two can navigate the ideological differences (mostly, I'd suppose, by avoiding discussion in that "vertical" and not trying to change each other or making it a source of disrespect), then his theism is not inherently a problem. In my view, the only problem I'd have with a theist is when they try to make me into one or impose their views on me.

My late wife voted for one party,I voted for the other,a marriage of 27 years with few serious discussions ended upon her death in 2017,so it is possible to create a loving bond even though the political leanings are not the same.

I clicked on Like but it's also a little 'wow'. I would also think that a relationship like the one you seem to have would be frowned upon in his circles unless he is covertly trying to recruit you to the dark side. Good luck with it.

I would have difficulty being attracted or aroused by someone whose moral compass was so profoundly different from my own.

Deb57 Level 8 Apr 23, 2019

It all sounds great except for the politics. I could have a theist wife or girlfriend but never an opposite political one. Why? It's because the political lies are worse and the GOP also covers politics and religion.

I'm sapiosexual, so although I may feel an initial attraction to someone, seeing and knowing each other's mind and heart, feeling safe and appreciated, and developing a real connection is essential to me before anything else. But once we do, oh heck I'm totally there sexually and all bets are off.

@bleurowz

Me, too.

@LiterateHiker Now I just have to have someone show up!

That sounds very similar to demisexual. I am the same as you. 🙂 A good looking guy can become ugly in my eyes if he is an idiot or selfish or possesses any negative traits I dislike. Looks can only take one so far.

For me it would be comparability, someone that has shared interests and is a good friend. I do have to find a lover attractive as well. I also prefer giving pleasure over receiving pleasure. I'm far from perfect but then again, who is?

You do look happy together.

Girl, you're GLOWING! ?

Aww... Kathleen! You two look good together!!!?

So, THIS is the lucky guy we've been hearing about... You both give me hope!?

Thank you for sharing. ?

Emojis are not working

At this point, the willing. 🙂

@Sticks48

Very funny!

Sounds like you have it made, do not feel guilty,,i fully enjoy pleasing a partner fully before any attention to me if warrented ,some men excel on givng pleasure first,,I think we have our prioritys straight, Enjoy life and every orgasim it provides you with

Good for you!

Apparently your weekend was a hell of a lot better than mine.
Sounds like you found a great combination. Keep on enjoying it.

Well you can't beat that! Keep the glow!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:335631
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.