Agnostic.com

75 6

Has anyone ever had an encounter with a celebrity?

Redcupcoffee 7 Mar 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

75 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I was in grade school one of my teachers daughters was getting married to John Davison from That's incredible TV series, Just so happen I had alos seen him at the Wesminister mall shopping. My science teacher when I was a freshman in highschool was a 3rd string Raider. When I was in the service Khrystyne Haje from The TV show Head of The Class was on tour with the USO she and I bumped into each literally when I was taking over the watch on the quarter deck.

I once saw Rick Astley in the back of a limo on the motorway.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 7, 2018

I cannot deside if that's a true story, or you are just building up for an elaborate Rick Roll. I've been hurt before!

Haha i love it!

This better not be a Rick Roll... -_-

R2D2's secret message

@JeffB @NeoXerops Genuinely a true story!

I went to high school with Ralph Macchio (The Karate Kid). It was a large school and I only saw him in passing.

I saw Melissa Harris Perry walking Uptown in New Orleans.

I met and took a picture with Rachel Maddow at the Pride Festival in Seattle when she was only radio famous. That's back when Rush Limbaugh was known to say "Rachel Maddow?!?! Whoever heard of Rachel Maddow?!?!" So, I made a sign for the parade that had that on it.

@Redcupcoffee I think we'd be tied for that post, Red. LOL! 🙂 She's adorable! And, my partner and I kept running into her after the parade and I remember saying "Really, I'm not stalking you." She's super tall, very androgynous (as you know, since you've watched her show and seen her without makeup), very friendly and I was super duper nervous because I think she's the smartest, sexiest woman alive. Really.

Did you listen to her on Air America Radio? That's where I first "met" her.

Then I dragged a non-political non-news junkie friend to a Town Hall in Seattle where she was on the panel. I don't think she does those kinds of things anymore -- it would be cool if she does. Would be a good meetup!

@Redcupcoffee LOL!!! I like that she and Susan have been together for so long (including since before I met her in 2005), but if anything ever happened to them, totally make your move. 🙂

@Redcupcoffee

@Redcupcoffee 13 years ago and I was about 30 pounds heavier.

Who doesnt love Rachel Maddox, I love her, never miss her show!

Yep! I met Gene Simmons in the LA Farmer's market back in 2014 and had the opportunity to have a short conversation with him and his wife. Even got our picture taken.

@Redcupcoffee He was honestly one of the nicest people I've ever met. He was on an honest family outing and was avoiding getting recognized but treated myself and my friend with so much respect. Can't judge a person based on their public persona.

@Redcupcoffee Nope, completely real ahahaha Very wiry considering he's probably greying

Knowing that he is a trump supporter, do you feel a bit sick now ? I feel sorry for Shannon Tweed, but she knows what she married. $$$

@Funeralgirl No I don't, because I liked him for his music. Nice try though!!

did he show you his tongue?

@SeeCanU Sadly no ahahaha

@RachelLiz glad you like him, I find him disgusting, however I like his daughter, she is a good person. I appreciate good and decent people like Sophie.

@Funeralgirl good for you. If you don't like him you didn't have to reply to my comment.

I once met Kevin Bacon. He was real nice. Kevin Sorbo once before he became a religious weirdo. Gladys Knight was awesome. Penn and Teller separately both real nice guys.

I'd love to sit down and have a chat with Penn Jillette. He's cool.

i went to penn and teller's show in vegas. teller seemed genuinely nice but penn seemed like he was forcing himself to smile. they DO put on a good show.

I was a newspaper reporter, so I've met plenty of celebrities - Arnold Schwartzenegger, Marlo Thomas, Dick Sargent, and The Guess Who, come to mind. Once I stood in a line in a convenience store and the guy in front of me was Carroll O'Connor. He was the only celebrity I really spoke to - he'd bought film and was trying to figure out how to load his camera - we figured it out together and he was very pleasant and friendly.

None other than Rowan Atkinson. Blackadder or Mr. Bean, for those who only know his performances. He's an alumnus of my old school. At the school's last speech day before it closed, he came as guest speaker. I'd won the French and Spanish prizes for my year, and as I came to get my prizes off the big man, he said to me as I was shaking his hand, "So you're the master of languages?" I replied, "All the better to rule the world, sir." He chuckled.

I elicited a chuckle from one of the greatest living comedians. Whether it was sincere or not, I'm proud of it.

So lucky, i just love him

I had a brief argument with Ronnie Montrose where he was convinced he knew me from somewhere. Met Loggins and Messina when I worked at Fender, met John Kennedy when he was running for Prsident (I was four).

Several. Met Caesar Romero when I was a kid. While he was playing the Joker on Batman. My younger sister ate his breakfast while he spoke with my mother and grandmother. I was starstuck. He was really nice to us. Especially my sister. She was 3, and very cute.
Was in line at a deli, ahead of Chris Doering. At the time, he was still playing football at
the University of Florida. He was nice as well.
Had a conversation with Cheech Marin, while riding an escalator at McCarron Airport in Las Vegas.
Met Barry Sanders while waiting for a flight at LAX. He ended up sitting behind me, in coach, for the flight from LA to Detroit. He kicked my seat the whole way. I'm probably the only person on the planet who can say that "Barry Sanders kicked my ass cross-country".
What's really interesting/weird was, the night before, my ex and I had been talking about him.
Met the late David Canary (actor) while on line for a ride at a theme park in Springfield, MA.
So far, all my celebrity encounters have been pleasant. No one was an asshole.

My fatheer was a commercial photographer. I met many of his subjects.

In 1972, I had a beer with Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull in the Sandbox in Schwabing, Munich. He appreciated talking to somebody speaking English and was a real gentleman.
Later that year, a friend introduced me to Ravi Shankar in Amsterdam. Also a very nice man.

Very envious. I'm a huge fan of Ian Anderson.

@Otterpop He was not at all like his stage personna. Told me about is farm up in Scotland, said I resembled his wife. Not sure if that was a compliment or not. LOL.

Before they were famous-as a college student met fellow student and aspiring comedien Jay Leno in Boston.

Personal encounters: Herb Reed of the Platters, Chilites, Luther Johnson, Bob Dylan, ElliotGould, Phyllis Diller, Michael Ontkean, John Cullum, Diane Lane, Howard Dean, Christopher Lawford, SamJones-Boston Celtics, Marcus Haynes-former Globetrotter/Magician. Steve Nelson, Bill Lenkitis (NE Patriots).

Almost forgot-worked with Marie Osmond 7 years ago And Livingston Taylor talkedto at small coffeehouse Folkway in Peterborough,NH

You had me at Jay Leno, I LOVE him!!!!!!

I met Polly Mellon , a former member of The Platters . She had organized PRYDE , a troubled youth organization here in WV & other states .

He was tall and had a really pointy chin. I was 19? He tried to ask me out to dinner and I said no.

I sliced a loaf of bread for Radar from M.A.S.H. at work, also ran into the former guitarist of Hatebreed there

As well as several meet and greets with many bands

Yes, I was the costumer for a play with Lorretta Swit. She was very nice. Toby Keith is an asshole.

Ran into Donald Sutherland at the airport in Paris. We'd both lost luggage. Very nice guy we talked for 20 minutes then they found my bags. He even said it was nice to chat while we waited lol.

I went thru basic training with Drew Cary . But that was before he became famous .
I also almost got run over by Kieth Richards in his Rolls Royce while j walking in Seattle in the mid 90's.
I used to get high with one of the girls that played Tabatha on Bewitched .
I sat at a table with Carol Kane at a Moody Blues concert in Las Vagas in the 90's .
When you travel , you meet people I could go on all night , but I got to go to bed .

Dougy Level 7 Mar 7, 2018

I met Jared Leto years ago after a 30 Seconds to Mars concert. He was clearly in a rush do it was a but disappointing. I also briefly met Kane Hodder at Rock & Shock back in October and he's a super nice guy.

He is sooo pretty

I have had many. I worked in radio in the 70s, 80s and 90s. I've met, hung out with, and partied with more than I can even remember. Yes, I lived a fantasy life. It was a lot of fun.

Celebrities are just people who were in the right place at the right time. They put on their pants one leg at a time, eat, shit, and do everything the same as the rest of us.

@LimeySteve -- In many cases, not quite the same -- but, yeah, in essence. LOL....

I used to volunteer at DragonCon every Labor Day weekend. In that capacity, I met a lot of celebrities. For the most part, they were just down to earth people, and were very dedicated to their art

I have had lots actually. Met Tom Hiddleston and Elizabeth Olsen, Zak Bagans, Harrison Ford, Troy Baker, was pen pals with Vic Mignogna, met Bill Murray

Jack Kevorkian's lawyer bought me a beer once. LOL

Diana Ross, Anthony Perkins, James Taylor .... different times, different places, all good !

A few years ago I was working security at The Hyatt in Albuquerque and the front desk had me bring up a bag to Jonathan Banks when he was filming his final part in Breaking Bad. That was pretty cool.

Same. I've just about been everywhere in this state at some point lol.

I was shooting stills on a TV special with Dick Van Dyke. He was pleasant, and quiet, off set.
And I built mechanical effects for a donut commercial with Gary Burghoff. He was bawdy, loud, and sidesplittingly funny, the diametric opposite of Radar. He has a withered left hand, usually covered by a clipboard or such in M.A.S.H.

skado Level 9 Apr 12, 2018

At a nightclub I once worked at, The Ivanhoe, I met several muscicians. But Tom Waites was quite memorable as his curtain call had gone out & he was no where to be found. The scramble began, & then we got the call. He had been arrested as a vagrant outside the theatre.

Eugene McCarthy. Where would we be now if......

Too many times and with too many 'kinds' to even remember them all unless asked; bringing the memory to the 'fore'. I started listing once in answer to a similar question and had to keep returning to add names; finally gave up. Most of the encounters were either waiting on them once or as them being regular customers or at their funerals. It really makes visiting a cemetery an interesting philosophical exercise, for example: Sinatra is buried very near Jimmy van Heusen (Chester).

Only steps away from their markers are many more identical ones, save inscribed names and epitaphs, over people the world little knew. Some were merchants, children who didn't make it, life-long 'invalids, insane people, everyday moms, dads, cousins etc. who never left any significant mark on the world. The place just feels a very quiet - equalizing - destination for all when the party is over.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33670
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.