Agnostic.com

13 1

What’s the playlist going to be at your funeral?

I’m a tenacious survivor and I don’t plan on going anywhere soon but I’ve faced the real notion of death twice in my life due to catastrophic illness. This is mine pumping out at about 115-120db:

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird (Live From 7/13/77)

Joni Mitchell - Woodstock (Live In-Studio 1970)

The Black Crowes - My Morning Song

Van_O 5 Nov 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We played this song at my youngest son's funeral and I would be honored if they played it at mine....not that I would really know or care or anything

Days of our lives by Queen would be one

I'll have no funeral, my body goes to science. If anybody wants to gather to remember that's up to them as I'll be gone

Queen...who wants to live forever

You can't always get what you want... The rolling stones. Dust in the wind... Kansas

I'm going to either be donated to science (free cremation) or be cremated. If I did have a playlist, the top song would be "Another One Bites The Dust".

My GF said her mom recently checked on this and cremation might not be free anymore...might want to look into this

@Floridacyclist I have, and I had all the info sent to me through the company I'm using. Even being transported to whatever facility they are using is free.

I have told my kids to have a big party. I do not know what they will chose to play.

I think it'll include Rick Astley - Never gonna give you up

Rickroll!!!!

There will be no funeral or celebration of life for me. When they scatter my ashes, I have asked by wife and daughters to play the "Ashoken Farewell."

I want a closed casket funeral. However, toward the end of the service, I'd like the organist to play "Pop Goes the Weasel" over and over until everyone in attendance is staring at my coffin in silent, horrified anticipation.

(that's not original, it's a meme...but the image wouldn't load here.)

A selection of Simon and Garfuncle, my all time favourite songsters.

My way by the sex pistols and hippy hippy shake by the Beatles. I'd like it to be an amusing event.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3380
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.