Agnostic.com

8 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The next step is atheism....

Our local Methodists ousted their pastor for being LGBTQ-accepting....

Orbit Level 7 May 8, 2019

Typical that those in power feel they can dictate morality to others. I think people, especially the young, are seeing that road has just led us to where we are and there needs to be a change, pronto. Hopefully, this will be another example for other young people to follow.

Excellent try kids, BUT, imho, the Church will do their utmost to sweep your efforts under the carpet so to speak.

Beautiful!

My mom left the Methodist Church because they were too liberal in their acceptance of gay poliicy:/

There are different Methodist sects.

Assuming we dont' enter into another period of Dark Ages, churches will have to adapt to known knowledge and facts... such as that sexual orientation is fixed before birth and there is nothing tht can be done to change it. They adapted to a roudn world, and that the earth isn't the center of universe. They had to.

@snytiger6
Unfortunately, it may be a battle of attrition.

@snytiger6 , if they can't see past religion they will never see past sexual orientation. The two will never be separated. I may be wrong. I hope I am. My gson and his husband are proof things can change.

@freeofgod Not all religions bother with sexual orientation. For instance ihave dated several Buddhist men, and there are no religious prohibitions against gay sex. However, most Asian cultures have prohibitions against gay relationships, simply because such relationships produce nto children to take care of the elderly.

The young give me hope.

LOVE IT!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:339745
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.