Agnostic.com

35 6

Has anyone ever been to a godless wedding or funeral?

I officiated over a beautiful belly dance wedding once. Very secular, and completely heartfelt. One of the most moving unions of 2 people I've ever seen. I've never been to non-theist funeral. I loathe preachers at funerals. They exploit the dead. Has anyone ever been to a non theist wedding or funerall?

Tecolote 7 Mar 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

35 comments (26 - 35)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Mine, with my ex-wife. It was at City Hall in San Francisco. It was Beautiful!

As an atheist, I do not see the sense in a funeral. There will be no funeral for me.

I had a friend who incorporated Japanese and Jewish traditions with some Greek philosophy and a Star Wars light-saber father-daughter dance. In retrospect, it was a really nice wedding. 🙂

At the time—still being a Christian—I didn't think so; I didn't think there was enough Jesus in it. Now... Haha! Not so much.

A formal funeral, no. A small private ceremony, yes

My son just got married in a beautiful, god-less ceremony. There were a couple of poems read -- nothing religious -- probably the most beautiful wedding vows exchanged that I have ever witnessed.

I have been to Pagan handfastings. I don't think I have ever been to an atheist wedding or funeral. My daughter married a Jewish guy, and they had a Judeo/Pagan wedding. It was beautiful. At least they weren't Christian.

yes - Sweet! - and I have also been to a reliousy'ish one that was also great and done by the friends of our Mandy and a woman (pastor?) religion wasnt really mentioned and the choir were mandys friends and they didnt sing hymns. just really nice songs in harmony.

Yes aas there isnt a god

Oops! I left out the wedding part. More Godless weddings than religious.

Thank God, NO,

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34301
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.