Agnostic.com

15 5

What is one thing about your spouse or girl/boyfriend that is a source of pride?

Mine is that she is an artist. I only get to see her for 2 or 3 hours every other day. We sit outside on my balcony, sipping a glass of wine and talk about all sorts of things from religion to her drama with her teenage kids. While we're talking, she will sketch out some small piece of art and then she hides it for me to find after she' drives away. I think it's amazing what she can do with a pencil. The two portraits below were done when we were kids just before she moved away back in 1988. It's a self-portrait of her, and the young man is me, and it's an excellent likeness of what I used to look like before age took its toll.

paul1967 8 Mar 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Mine is.... "SHE's GONE!"

LMAO I get that, I really do

Yup....you're still a major asshole.

And stay the hell off of my profile.

We have a word in Ireland that is 'throughother' it describes me, I am a bit scattered - However I do all the laundry, cooking and cleaning in both our flats and and really love my roles - I love gardening too - I only get to see my partner at lunchtime for an hour in the and evening for watching T.V together. Although sometimes we have joint projects, mainly we work at our own stuff alone and it is a good system for us. I have a first in fine and applied art as well, though I have slowed down a lot and can't work with heavy stuff so much now. I think I am proud of my partners beautiful mind he has a unique way of thinking that is so straight and direct - I once invented a mobile that was run on a motor and it couldnt work ii had a design flaw he could see it instantly but he couldnt get me to understand it wouldnt work. in the end he just said "It needs a skyhook"

my wife turns 60 soon and still has brown hair . who says living with me is stressful ! oh and nice work with the brush . i just started painting and am loving it as challenging as it is

Her sense of humor. Nobody makes me laugh like she does. She loves puns and it can the rediculously lame pun or joke but I can't help but laugh.

Unconditional love. She loves me as I am and I love her the same way back.

She is intelligent.

Gads, she was so damned intelligent! And don't even try to catch her wrong... having said that, when she was wrong, she was and admitted to it, graciously, right off. She was also so very strong... if I were half as strong as she was...

Gads, she was so damned intelligent! And don't even try to catch her wrong... having said that, when she was wrong, she was and admitted to it, graciously, right off. She was also so very strong... if I were half as strong as she was...

That she is invisible to everyone but me

My ex: I'm proud of his being a former Navy pilot and airline pilot, and helping to design B2 bombers, looking like a Las Vegas male stripper, licensed in foot and face massage, which he gave me daily, his being a great dancer. (I'm proud of MYSELF for designing and sewing the ballroom gown I'm wearing in the photo when we were dancing on the beach)

That is one beautiful dress. I love the color and the cut.

The best thing about my former spouse is that we produced some amazing kids.

When my partner was alive her fearlessness. She wasn't even afraid of death.

I love the drawings. I would love to have that talent. To be able to take just pencil and paper and turn out a piece of art. I could entertain myself for days.

Only one? I'd say sexy intelligence. I'll have more later.

I look forward to it

@paul1967 He and I won't meet for more than a few weeks, so it'll have to wait.

@EllenDale There's nothing quite like the anticipation. Is this going to be the first time you meet in person?

@paul1967 Yes. We've talked from 3-9 hours a day and all night. We have a lot in common. It's uncanny.

She is no longer in my life.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34767
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.