Agnostic.com

16 3

Self Care

As a sensitive person it is very challenging to find peace in a word with so much sorrow and upheaval. When a call to action that works for me arises, I'll answer. But I mainly try to focus on my own little microcosm: the people, animals, activities and places that I love. I also depend heavily on my irreverent sense of humor. What are some ways you achieve self-care and maintain self-preservation when the outside world is dismaying and overwhelming you?

ReturnAgain 5 Mar 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't care about myself, therefore all else is irrelevant also.

My home life is a haven for me: the kids, great music, humorous videos, a wonderful collection of visiting birds, and very affectionate cats all over us! Also, getting away from the hustle and into nature does wonders for my dismayed soul, as does getting together with dear family members and friends.

Zster Level 8 Mar 10, 2018

Last year was a very bad year for me, in regards to my health. It's been almost a year since I started having issues and I'm not back to my old self yet. But I am definitely getting there. Some of the ways that I am good to myself include working out, I stopped watching the news, and I make sure that I nourish my sense of humor. That is something that will never go away. Also, I have gotten rid of certain toxic people that were in my life and only surround myself with those who are not. I eat healthy, which isn't hard because I like those foods.

I build a fire in the backyard and watch it burn while our 4 dogs lay around me. Sometimes I drink a beer or two while doing so.

Music always helps me. I shut out the world and put in the earbuds. Sometimes it's a good show that pulls me in and I binge watch it lol. Sometimes I just take a nap. I watch the news and talk to friends amd family but it's healthy to have a good balance.

Work out, connect with others, 12-step group.

@ReturnAgain I forgot my cats! I have one stretched out between/on my legs as I type right this very moment. 🙂

Tonight I'm shattered so thank goodness for gates.

I garden and play with dogs. Humans break me for the most part. I live behind a locked gate in my own world. I ride my bike and hide from humanity.

Likewise, I concentrate on the small piece of the world around me, that I can make an improvement in. If I could I would isolate it.

I go to my alternate reality in my mind

My self care is exactly the same. Wow. Live it!

I have my kitties, and sometimes I just quit checking the news.

I Rant!

I have stopped paying attention to the news. I find it overwhelming to the core.

I ignore (as best I can) what I have no control over.

I do what I just returned from doing..grab my Canon photography gear and head outdoors (Songklha, Thailand). pics: 1. male black-winged stilt, 2. two juvenile black-winged stilts, 3. painted stork coming in for landing, 4. Thai girl with pet pomeranian in snuggly. 5. close up of tiny female Brown-throated Sunbird

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34801
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.