Agnostic.com

28 5

Should we create a church of satan in nyc just to piss off the religious people?

Iann 4 May 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No, but you should join the Satanic Temple (different more responsible organization than Church of-) and piss off religious people by being politically active.

And they've done much good. Totally a fan.

SATANIC TEMPLES
We should more create of them and claim public lands wherever the Ten Commandments are.

Doesn’t sound the most uplifting of motivations. Why not just ignore them if you want to piss them off?

Meh.... I have no desire to "piss off" religious people. What I want to do is anything and everything that is available to me to reduce or eliminate religion and the harmful effects/affects it has on society.

I have no interest in pissing off anyone. It is not a goal that I find admirable.

@creative51 lol I should have said "intentionally"...ha ha

No, not good, especially in the US, way too many crazies with guns. Why ask for that kind of trouble.

Lucien Greaves likely already has. His organization does great things. Check it out.

Evil for the Sake of Evil.... Great! ...NOT!!!

You should research them a little. I think you will find they are nothing like you expect.

@JimG If I don't believe in god... but I believe in the devil? ...I am kind of Full of Shit. I rather be light on Shit. If Invited to a Satan Orgy.... I will have a large list of stipulations and won't do's. I will hang out with witches though.

@GipsyOfNewSpain They don't believe in the Devil either, nor do they actually worship him. To members of the Satanic Temple, he is a symbol of rebellion against religion. He's also used for shock effect.

@JimG Shock Effect is Always Good.

No. Why piss people off on purpose?

It's been done. And it is stupid.

If your motivation is to just anger someone then I would reevaluate my personal goals. There is already a chapter in NYC.

Here is link to the Satanic Temple website. They have a chapter in NYC
[thesatanictemple.com]

MsAl Level 8 May 22, 2019

You would be just like them. Same shit, different god.

Satanists don’t believe in or worship Satan, but as a matter of pedantry I agree with you about church of Satan. The Satanic Temple is more reasonable generally and the church of, as far as I can tell, worship themselves to a similar detriment as theistic religions.

How old are you? 15 and above, I expect more sense from you.

In NYC? I think it would be redundant.

Why would anyone want to simply piss others off?

why would you not though?

Most likely there has been a group of them already established in your postal zone!

No worries!

The best Church of Satan is in Salem, MA, but feel free to branch out if you think there should be one in NYC too.

Sure!!!!!!
Well God will use lightening to strike then burn it ground up or use people, either way God wins.

Just to piss someone off? No.

If you want to.

They'll say Atheism is just another religion. Church's are worship places for the various religious denominations, like the mosques, temples and synagogues.

We have one in Detroit. They do quite a bit for our community.

Are you sure it’s the church of Satan and not the Satanic Temple? The latter is known more for their activism.

@Wurlitzer You are correct. Thank you for clarifying.

Knock yourself out.

I think the cause of atheism would be better served, buy a freedom from religion monastery

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:350609
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.