Agnostic.com

26 7

During a movie, do you root more for the villain or the good guy?

EmeraldJewel 7 Mar 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Depends on the scenario really..though lately I generally root for anyone but the cops..

Lol it’s always hard to watch hot people die.

@EmeraldJewel indeed boo

Depends. I like anti-heroes. But rapey, icky villians do not get my vote...

I root for the most relatable person

The female lead in Science Fiction, no matter good or bad. Most anything else, whoever has the best lines.

I mostly root for the villain.

Hahaha!!!

If the story has a non-linear bad guy, yeah. Black Panther did this well.

Marz Level 7 Mar 10, 2018

Neither, I just watch the movie. Lol.

Scar did nothing wrong!

Depends on the movie.
During "King Kong", I always rooted for Kong.
Same with the Godzilla movies.

Usually the good guy - in today's sci fi movies it can be hard to establish who is who.

For me, it depends. My empathy comes into play

I love your hair!

When I'm watching a show such as Ray Donovan, there aren't any "good guys." Just evil and lesser evil.

The one that is the most human...and who I can relate to more...depends...on the individual character

It depends.

I loved the character The Comedian in Watchmen. He’s a bit of both. Which makes him the most interesting character.

I just watch the movierooting for fictious charactersseems pointless since the outcome is predetermined. I like to watch and figure out the ending well before the movie ends.

Depends on the film

Depends who's philosophy I relate more to. Or if the villain is hot I usually cring when they're beaten/killed. :/

Depends on the Character, and sometimes the story line.
"Law abiding citizen" for example, who are really the bad guys?

Depends if the plot is making my brain vomit or if it is a well made movie.

If the villain is an equal-opportunity hater (just a d-bag to everyone as opposed to one group) and has a complex story/character, you can bet I'll be rooting for the villain or at least feel for them more. So sick of these simple/one-dimensional, boring, ultra-vanilla, goody-two-shoes heroes. I wanna see some grit and some nuance!

the very good guy who is usually weird.

Generally speaking, the villian because their motivations are usually clear while we're told 'here's the hero...cheer'.

Typically the good, but every so often the bad lols

@EmeraldJewel
On a side note - I am dying in your eyes. <3

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35122
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.