Agnostic.com

17 4

Just watched Get Out last night. Anyone care to discuss??

Ishmael82 3 Mar 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Way late but I loved it! It was so unnerving. It was the first time I genuinely was afraid watching a movie. I think Jordan was a stand out and 100%deserved that Oscar.

I saw it-suspicious from the beginning.

I have this movie on my main computer but so far I've not watched it. I hear it is very good.

It seemed somewhat derivative of Stepford Wives, but different enough to stand on its own. Very timely.

Loved that flick...it really shows the hypocrisy of suburban white liberals as seen through the eyes of POC..

Great movie. The teacup-as-weapon was brilliant. A different kind of horror. But still, you have to buy in to the concept of spirits for the movie to be believable. Fortunately, I can suspend my disbelief for as long as it takes to watch a movie.

I watched it about a month ago. I thought it was very well written, acted and directed. I also loved the message(s) that were built into the film.

Will give details if anyone is interested.

I thought it was alright I thought it was going to be a little more hardcore. Too light.

I loved it except the last 2 minutes

"We're TSA! We handle things!" Hahaha!

No, just no. @SamKerry

I enjoyed it. The movie lends itself to several levels of analysis.

Many black people felt that it helped white people understand how they felt. It was well done with good tension and character development. A great movie that I would have voted for the Oscar had I been a member of the Academy.

Love it

Marz Level 7 Mar 10, 2018

It was so creepy I was uncomfortable watching it

I still have not seen it.

I loved it. It's an original take on the "master race" idea that also turns it and other related aspects around.

I love the movie on so many levels. Not only did it really give a realistic Viewpoint of How African Americans perceive white privilege and modern so-called liberalism, it was also a great horror flick on a visceral level.

^^This. Very win. So much amaze.

It was an amazing movie.

I was about to get pissed at the ending...but then it was perfect.

Apparently they shot or developed an alternate "not happy" ending. But they chose what was in the final cut - correctly so, I think.

I could be wrong, because it was some time since I read this. They chose the happy ending because they didn't want it to be a "bait and switch" and they needed to end it positively. Otherwise, what was the point.

@SamKerry That was the original ending. Did not go over well with test audience.

@LoriMcAfee ahhhh. Thanks for the info.

@SamKerry Peele said that it was too real and depressing so he ended it a a more positive note.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35200
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.