Agnostic.com

17 21

Nine people attended a KKK rally in Ohio. At least 500 showed up to protest hate.

Keep resisting hate!

Dayton officials said the white supremacists were significantly outnumbered by counterprotesters who sang hymns and carried anti-racist signs.

[huffpost.com]

"Love Trumps Hate" was the first sign I made to protest the white nationalist rally in Charlottesville in 2017. A violent racist man drove his car into protesters, killing Heather Hayes and injuring others.

I learned to make lettering stand out, clearly visible from the street. My two-sided sign for the Women's March, January 2019.

LiterateHiker 9 May 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

@literatehiker....have you seen the movie vice? Very sobering and informative.

@Bigwavdave

No. "Vice" got terrible reviews:

"The film lacks insight, ingenuity, and intensity, skimming the surface of history like a drunk guy at a holiday party who read a Wikipedia entry that he really wants to talk to you about right now. For people even remotely engaged in the national political landscape for the last two decades.

“Vice” offers nothing new to consider. Great films about American politics are conversation starters; mediocre ones are like dull lectures, one-sided. This is the latter, and not at a very good college."

[rogerebert.com]

It is great knowing that the masses are opposed to hate. One woman that attended told me the love brought tears to her eyes.

Unity Level 7 May 26, 2019

Excellent news, thank you for the photos and your presence at the march...

The less Klansmen ans Nazis the better.

While this is obviously (to us) great, let's not forget how many closeted sympathizers the hate guys have. 62M of our fellow citizens voted for trumpie.

By being complicit, they are as guilty if not more so...they should know better...

I think they should be treated with the same disdain ... sort of like the driver of a get away car...guilty by association...

@thinktwice Yep

Best news this week. As the late, great, Grumpy Cat said: GOOD.

Oh, dear, they must have been so scared, assuming everybody hates them as much as they hate others. Serves them right.

They are cowards. They only go after the weak or the unprotected. Still, they are around; and still loving der Fuhrer.

Proof that there is hope for this country.

MizJ Level 8 May 26, 2019

Yes there is

Showing us how should be everywhere in this land.

Nine people should have ended up in the Emergency Room.
Just sayin'.
White supremacists and nazis should be very afraid to be in public.

I'm not going to tolerate that bullshit. I'm not anywhere near as nice
as other people. I think we should call them out whenever we come
across them.
Make an example of them. Make them cry, and bleed, if there's an opportunity.
Make their positions painful to hold.
Excruciatingly painful to hold.

I leaning towards your point of view. So many of this fuckers carry loaded guns and easily triggered enough to shoot someone they don't like.

I agree Iwould have been happy to hear they got their assed kicked and ended up in the ER.

@Katsarecool They don't scare me. They aren't the only ones who believe in the Second Amendment. Fuck them. We should be making THEM afraid.

I'm with you, except for one detail... I won't throw the first punch, and won't support the person who does.

If they throw the first punch, all bets are off and no quarter given.

@camne It's not hard to get them to throw the first punch. Speak calmly, and clearly, use facts.

@KKGator tricky, use something they can't defend against...

@camne Quickest way to get them to react. Badly.

Because it really sucks to be a bigot. Arsewipes. Good on the people of Dayton for making that clear.

good....

Great signs! Glad the nazis didn’t get much support,

Reverse the numbers and there would have been at least one fatality.

1of5 Level 8 May 26, 2019

I'm afraid you are correct. 😟

True

I'll share the cost of that wall with you, if you like!

I'll chip in, too! 🙂

Wonderful about that KKK Rally-Great job on signs! Awesome activist! Kudos!!!!!

Great

bobwjr Level 10 May 26, 2019

Surprised there were so few Assholes showed up

@bobwjr I think peopel realize that subpoenas for Trumps financials are going through, and his supporters are startign to hold back, realizing they are losing ground.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:352502
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.