Agnostic.com

25 41

To my surprise, I received an award today

"Where's the protein?" I asked, looking disconsolately at my plate of salad and a baked potato.

So, I was invited to an annual awards luncheon. I hate awards ceremonies. Sat through 90 minutes of inept speakers holding the microphone too low. Could not hear a word they said.

"Hold the microphone close to your mouth!" I wanted to bellow. Longed to leave.

The best part was talking with two female table companions. As volunteer "Slime Scientists" (what kids call them), they teach elementary students after school about wastewater (everything runs downhill), water quality and protecting the environment. They got an award. Yay!

At the very end, I got an award, too. That perked me up.

LiterateHiker 9 May 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Where's the protein ??!?? Hell IDK!

LOL Nice Intro. ....Congratulations LH, Kathleen. What you do matters and it is good to be recognized for your efforts, donation of your time and all that you put into this.

twill Level 7 May 30, 2019

woo hoo!!!!!!!

Well done, on both counts....on sitting through the 90 tedious minutes, and for the award!

Congratulations on a job well done! Everyone of those kids is lucky to have had you in their corner. It's amazing how much this can change as life. I know it changed mine, here in Maryland.

Thank you for your service.

It's so wonderful to be appreciated. Congrats on your award. Mentoring students is such a great gift to both the student and society as a whole.

Your service to the kids will mean the world to lots of them. 🙂

Ohub Level 7 May 30, 2019

Congratulations on the award!
My cousin has been teaching, directing and acting in the Wenatchee schools and theatres for over 50 years.
Her name is Susan Lawson. When she retired, the city held a parade in her honor.
Have you two crossed paths?

@Sydland

Susan Lawson is famous in Wenatchee.

@LiterateHiker
Ohhh?
How so?
She is one of the funniest people I have ever met.

@Sydland

The newspaper writes stories about Susan. Her name is mentioned on radio, in announcing upcoming plays and musicals.

@LiterateHiker
Wow. Good to know.
She is also the best cook. While growing up, she would send us a huge box of homemade candy every Christmas for our family of 8

Congratulations for your dedication in helping the next generation ,sounds like you earned it but was not expecting anything for your volunteerism but it certainly is nice to be recognized out of the blue ,sweet surprise

Congrats on your shiny, atta-girl! Keep up deh good work!

Congratulations Kathleen! You earned it with your dedication and good work.

Congratulations xx

I read through the other comments all good words so I shall quote Bill and Ted.
"EXCELLENT"

Great 👍

bobwjr Level 10 May 30, 2019

Congratulations!

congrats to you Kathleen

You go girl !!

Congratulations Kathleen.

must feel good to be appreciated

Congratulations. I know that you have given a lot of time to help others.

Congratulations!

Oh bloody Well Done, Kudos to you.

Congratulations!

I don't need to hold the microphone closer to my mouth, I can be heard without one.
Well done on the award, though.

The things we have to do for a piece of paper.

.... and with a piece of paper!! 😂🤣

@Jolanta

You sure like to crap on my excitement.

It's not just a piece of paper. It's nice to be appreciated.

Last year, I received the first Scholarship Rockstar Award. I was thrilled!

@LiterateHiker Sorry, I did not mean it that way. I think it is great that you received that award. Congratulations.

@Jolanta

Thanks for your apology. I appreciate it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:354387
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.