Agnostic.com

15 2

Exercise anyone?

Would you prefer a short run or a long walk?

tiger78 5 Nov 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like both. It depends what I am trying to achieve and then I have a preference.

I bicycle regularly, average about 7 hours a week. I also enjoy long walks.

Long walks..always

Long walk with a glass of wine waiting at the end.

A nice cold beer on a hot day or a hot chocolate on a cold day.

walking about it.

I teach & study Tai Chi

A long walk. I run too fast and miss the scenery (laughing to myself and holding my stomach).

Exercise is only needed until we can find the magic mushrooms that give us super powers.. they are out there we just need more people out there eating shrooms in Africa to figure out these answers. I prefer a long jog 🙂

Long walk with the dog!

Long walk, BUT time is a huge issue. I dislike running and would likely only do so under dire circumstances. If/when I use the treadmill, I almost always walk with incline, rather than jog. Otherwise, I mostly weight train at the gym, with a trainer to mix things up. I am currently on a month long hiatus following abdominal surgery. Hate it.

Zster Level 8 Nov 12, 2017

I like to walk or hike and lift weights. Being in nature is soothing.

CS60 Level 7 Nov 12, 2017

A long walk - on a wooded path. But then, if I run, I like doing that in the woods too !

I exercise almost everyday of the year , lift weights , Olympic weight lifting , Scuba diving , snorkeling , hiking , exploring everything is just fun , 2018 will be my 50'th year of lifting weights !! It has been fun

Heavy weight training, it does a more efficient job at helping me control the beetus.

Neither. I prefer working out with weights.

Both.
I personal train for a living, so while I love a good run, it can take a toll, especially the more firm the surface. It conditioning wise doesnt do much more for you a hard walk doesnt already other than damage your kinetic chain (ankles, knees back). So keeping it shorter is better (and more fun!). I love doing interval sprints or trail running. I also love a good normal hike, and ruck sacking when I want my walk to really do some work. My favorite is 50lbs across the mountain range here and back; do it most every Sunday morning. Just a little bit if my own personal 'church' time ;P

Also! Walking is super fucking good for your heart and brain health! At or over 3mph for at least 30 minutes outside min 3 times a week is an amazing benefit. Restless? Writers block? Been working or reading for a few hours? Literally walk 30 mins. The phrase "get some fresh air" is getting more and more a lot of cool studues behind it backing the old wisdom up these days.

Steyv Level 4 Nov 12, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3555
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.