Agnostic.com

89 15

Am I being unreasonable?

The barista this morning gave me my coffee with "god bless you" written on the lid, i complained to the head office and posted about it on fb where a select few accused me of being the absolute worst etc etc for complaining about someone just being "nice". What's your view?

Sparkles 5 June 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

89 comments (76 - 89)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Simple!

You should have not accepted the cup with that written on the lid!!!

They meant no harm, by accepting it you condone theIr behavior!!!

Plus it is unsanitary to write on any that can be put to your lips, LOL!!!

It funny how many are more concerned about a stupid coffee cup lid interfering with your daily routine, than the fact trump and the obstructionist republicans are destroying your environment, Dismantling our Rights, our Protections, our Safeguards, our Rule of Law and our Constitution, Yet a coffee cup lid upsets most of you more!!!

LOL!!!

I need all the help i can get.

"God bless you." What does this mean to them? What does us tell us about them?

Obviously, they do not understand there is no point attempting to change their supreme being's plan. Why?

The mysteries of humans.

JacarC Level 8 June 10, 2019

Sometimes people need to be assholes. In this case it wasn't just to be a jerk. There was a reason. Probably should have spoken to her directly.

MsAl Level 8 June 10, 2019

I would have spoken to the person first then if no satisfaction, the manager on duty.

I HOPE you did that before posting this online.

You think publicly confronting this woman in front of the morning coffee line would have been kinder? Ok I'm more comfortable with the gentle route

Yes, but in a calm manner.

Once you put someone online, it is there forever.

when someone sees sneezes I say" bless you" I feel that I have the right to give my blessing to anyone I want to, do I have the right to convey God's blessing?

Did the barista (1st time I've typed this word) have some insight into your mood? Did you look sad? Were you on the phone with the power company trying to get your electricity turned back on? Overreaction? Maybe a skoche, but I am guilty of the same type behavior at Harbor Freight when the next line opened and I should have been next! As a point of comparison, what would happen if a muslim wrote "Allah be praised!" on the lid? That may make the 6 o'clock news!

Your response to those who berated you, "I do not like being cursed!"

"Have a nice day."
I most often respond, "OK, I will. . . . Or I won't."
I never thank them for saying such.

Sometimes they respond, "It's up to you."
"I doubt that."

"Fuck you and the horse your god is riding."

,over reaction maybe doesn't know any better just being nice in their view

bobwjr Level 10 June 8, 2019

We really have to stop this "They can do whatever as long as they think they are being nice" crap.
Then they get to say, "No one has complained so I am in the right."

Its definately not somethinga business shoudl be doing and if it is standard for that business i wouldnt go there anymore .

religion should be left out of it. there's another ad that ends with the guy saying "god bless"

I don't see a lot of value in complaining. I would have sent the message in a more subtle way, likely by calling out the batista in a way that focused on what they wanted.

I think calling out the barista in front of the morning coffee crowd would have caused a lot more embarrassment for her, management having a word or providing more training is surely better in the long run

@Sparkles That is specifically why I would do it. To make them feel self conscious. The idea is that they would be more tolerant of people who hold other viewpoints in the future.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:357621
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.