Agnostic.com

32 22

It pains me to block ladies. Women need to support each other.

Yesterday I blocked a woman who repeatedly personally attacked me on Agnostic.com.

I feel sad. For some Pollyanna reason, I hope women will support each other.

Her last jab showed ignorance. She sent a message:

"Not very literate are you. Always edit. Then edit again."

I'm a published author. Writing a post is a first draft to me. With fresh eyes, I:

1. Omit needless words.

2. Make it easier to read.

3. Clarify, often based on replies. ("Is that your daughter?" )

4. Use more potent words.

5. Correct typos.

Since when is editing a faux pas? It shows intelligence and an eye for detail.

More importantly, women need to support each other.

LiterateHiker 9 June 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is a fact that communication is not an exact science and just because one person writes something that is grammatically correct another will, invariable, mis-interpret it. I have had it happen over and over. Even with spoken communication the fact of body language and different life experiences makes for different meanings.

She must have been having a really bad day. "Not very literate are you" needs editing, obviously (punctuation. Just saying. And you are so right; women need to support one another fully. Hugs.

RRRR Level 4 June 8, 2019

Good for you for not allowing her to behave awfully towards you! I hope she gets the message (i highly doubt it). Alas you did right by you.

Women are just as fucked up as men, sorry to say. Downside of being human.

1of5 Level 8 June 8, 2019

I edit all the time

bobwjr Level 10 June 8, 2019

I do a lot of editing, usually just minor things. I want my writing to be nearly perfect.

We should all support each other when possible because that is the most rational course. When we get off course in that regard we should just shrug it off and get on with life.

Everyone has the occasional bad day. But there's never really a good reason to be rude.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:358063
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.