Agnostic.com

24 12

Do you like wearing tight clothes?

Not me. Finished sewing this dress today. All that's left is the hem.

Will make it short like this dark dress (2nd photo). Used the same pattern.

But the dark dress is too tight. Men don't think so. Hate having to constantly suck in my tummy. I never wear it.

So, I cut out the blue dress so it's 1-1/4" bigger around. It falls from my shoulders, following the lines of my body without clinging.

Made the sleeves a little longer to cover my upper arms.

The new blue dress is lightweight, buttery soft and stretchy. Nice for summer.

LiterateHiker 9 June 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hate clothes, period, always have. My mom used to get mad at me cuz even as a child I was taking them off. I hate getting dressed and the worst part is a bra! I stopped wearing them and just put a cami under my shirt now.

I almost laughed at this post. You are one of those ever more rare Americans who is slim and fit; you can wear tight fitting clothing. I cringe when I see people who are overweight or even obese wearing too-tight clothing. Yoga pants on a sumo body is not a pleasant site.

Wow. Perhaps some people do like seeing overweight people in tight fitting clothing. Thanks for sharing your opinion on how I should dress.

@Marcie1974 It is fine if they do, and people are free to dress as they please.

You have some amazing talents! I sure love meeting people that are different than me. I'm so glad I have met you on this site. I enjoy your posts! Lovely dress!

@Jama765

Aww....blush....( sound of scraping hiking boot.)

Thank you so much! I appreciate your kind words. Hugs, Kathleen

both dresses look lovely.- you are very talented
The whole thing of body image, flat stomach (much more an indicator of muscle tone than body fat) is a fashion trend.
At one time a woman with some 'padding' was the epitome of beauty - as shown by Reubens -(Perseus freeing Andromeda).- but I doubt any man on this site would refuse to meet Andromeda because she was 'overweight' - a term that simply reflects a societal view of physical beauty.
In india a slim 'anorexic' woman is seen as poor and starving and most women would class as a 14+ size - all women wear a sari of silk or very light cotton which hang very loose, but once the monsoon starts, all the women are completely aware of how sexy wet clinging silk cari be.

I will ask a rhetorical question of you. How do you feel when you wear them? It should leave you feeling good. Not questioning others about you.... be comfortable in your own skin!
Btw i think you look fabulous! 😁

@Corvislover

My clothes feel comfortable.

Hate shirts that are too tight in the armpits.

My "figure problem" is muscular arms from weightlifting. Since I'm left-handed, I lowered the left armpit by 3/4" and the right by 1/2". Perfect.

Thank you for your compliment.

Being a less than large man I think I look better in clothes that aren't baggy, which make me look even smaller. On myself I like clothes that fit. On anyone I agree it's more important how the clothes feel, and I like your description. That dress though looks to me like a shower curtain, but if you and I were dating and hugging, the feel is most desirable to both of us, imo. Okay everyone berate and condemn me now for being truthful. I get that a lot.

@AlbertSchepis

On the hanger, looks are deceiving. The dress goes in at the waist and outlines my round butt. From the back, you see wide shoulders and a small waist.

But it seems too loose in the upper chest and shoulders.

I can alter the dress to fit me better. Need a friend to pin it.

Do you mean the pattern looks like a shower curtain? Have to admit I laughed at your comment! Since you weren’t saying anything negative about @LiterateHiker but rather about the dress itself, I don’t think you deserve to be berated.

@Marcie1974 Thanks for seeing the distinction. Too often people take things personal when they weren't meant that way. And I wasn't even being negative about the dress, and arguably that it would make a nice shower curtain. I love the rich blue color too. And of course it would look much better on her than on the hanger. There's not much that wouldn't look good on her though.

@AlbertSchepis

Just took in the dress 4" in the waist. It fits much better.

However, it looks about the same on the hanger.

@AlbertSchepis

Please post a picture of you wearing it when it's done. 😊

19dacar52

Yes, I will. First, I may need to alter it.

Trying it on, I realized the shoulders and upper body area are a bit too loose.
Will ask my friend what she thinks.

@LiterateHiker Understood, I figured that it was not quite done otherwise you would have posted a picture of you wearing it.

I don't like anything tight.
I'm built for comfort, not speed.
For me, it's always been function over form.

Tight shirts, yes. Tight pants, NO! Both of my jobs are very physical and therefore they keep me in good shape. I'm proud of the way I look and of all the hard work I do to look this way. If you're confident that you look good, let the world know.

Good job !

# Generally,  I like loose fitting clothing,  over stretchy yoga pants, or shorts - my legs look good in such things.   But every now and then ,  another mood hits,  or I get a role in a play, that allows for a whole 'nuther me !    Ha

No I don't like tight clothing. I have one shirt that I liked that I bought that is tight due to the fact they didn't have my size. I have to admit that tight clothing looks much sexier though on fit body types.

You mean you think tight clothing looks sexier on fit bodies.

Perhaps other people don’t share that opinion.

Perhaps curvy women (and men) should feel comfortable wearing tight clothing if that is their preference

Everyone gets to have their own opinions, and other people can dislike them if they so choose. That was my opinion.

Sometimes things I type are twisted around and wrong when I write them. My brain is tied in knots lol

Your talents making clothes are amazing. I like loose jeans and over sized Ts. I have lost a great deal of weight over 4 years, so now every thing I have is loose. My daughter took me shopping and wanted me to get better fitting clothes. I went along with it, but then, I went home and put on the baggies again. When I see her, I wear the tighter clothes she picked out and it makes her happy, which gives me joy to see.

No...I hate clothes that cling! Not kind to older ladies like me...clothes which skim the body are so much more flattering. Don’t like to show too much cleavage either, unless it’s in evening wear.

I see the girls go by dressed in their summer clothes......
Summer is here!

Nice

bobwjr Level 10 June 9, 2019

Bathroom sign from years ago...

you are a talented lady.
funny, the way we're built (god's sense of humor again--if there were a god). even skinny ppl have a protruding abdomen. which, i guess, is why some girls become anorexic.

@callmedubious

I resemble that remark!

@LiterateHiker ,
less than most.

@LiterateHiker And very well I might say.

@LiterateHiker I like a little round tummy on women. To me it's so sexy and I just want to hug it. I love the entire female form.

@LiterateHiker ,
it takes some willpower to stay slender; which you 2 have.
i weighed 190 when i was in my late 20s. lost 30 lbs in 1 yr. now 150 (5' 9" ). but my fondness for good craft beer & whiskey don't make it easy to stay at this weight.

@callmedubious

As a slender person, when I see the slightest roundness on my stomach, I immediately diet or exercise it off.

"I suppose I'm a bit anorexic," my medical doctor boyfriend, Bill, said. "I do the same thing."

In the photo with the plane, Bill is on the left (yellow shirt). At 6 '2" tall, he weighs 165 lbs.

Yes, figuratively.

Looks good

I don't like them because I always end up looking like a tube of squeeze cheese.

@MattChanning1

Love your sense of humor!

Beautiful pattern and color!

@GreatNani

Thanks, darling.

i don't even like wearing clothes! but that does look comfy.

g

Excellent. Love your work and Thanks for sharing as requested 🤗 love the colours. The black one looks very sheek on you and you certainly enhance it 🤗

@RoyMillar

Thank you! Did you mean "sleek"?

@LiterateHiker Chic.

Yes Sleek ,large fingers on a small cell phone ,lol

Just took in the dress 4" at the waist. It fits much better.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:358255
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.