Agnostic.com

8 6

Any amusing/amazing stories about your pets?

Mine: I had a Blue Heeler (Australian Cattle Dog), Naomi, who was very intelligent.

One day my ex and I visited the construction site of my brother's three story house. There was a deep trench dug around it, and we had to circle behind the house and leap from the mountainside across the trench and into the doorway. We then had to climb two steep staircases stairways to reach the top floor.

While my ex and I were looking out from the balcony, I saw Naomi, still only half grown, waiting far below. As a joke, I decided to call her, expecting her to try to come straight to me, perhaps falling into the deep trench.

Instead, she turned and vanished around the side of the house. In a few seconds we heard her claws clattering on the wooden stairs, and she popped out onto the balcony behind us.

She'd leaped across the trench and into the doorway, then come up the stairs, having worked out where we were from the ground.
Pic is of me on my Walking Horse, Banjo, with Naomi when she was still a pup.

birdingnut 8 Mar 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My cat Zoomy (full name, Zoomy T Bonkerston the Tenth) is an amusing story all in himself. He picks fights with area rugs and loses, runs everywhere, yowls at closed doors because the offend his kitty sensibilities, and I hope he's done growing because he's almost two, we think, and is HUGE. Not fat, just a really big kitty.

I've had several German Shepherds over the years and have several stories. Sheba was a big silver German Shepherd who didn't like loud noises, especially fireworks on the 4th of July. One 4th of July we frequented the fireworks on the other side of the lake we lived on. When we returned home later that evening something was wrong. There was blood on the walkway tothe front door, one of the screens was torn and covered with blood and Sheba was missing. We set out to find her and she was cowering inthe woods in back of the house. We never left her home again on the 4th of July again.

Rascal was part shepherd, husky and wolf. We were living in a townhouse in a small development. Whenever we, my 4 year old daughter and myself were outside by ourselves, Rascal would jump up on my daughter's Bed and stick his head out the window. One day Rascal had gotten the screen open and jumped out the 2nd story window and gotten himself out on the roof over our front door. Caused quite a stir until we got him back inside-fire dept showed up but we got him back in through the window.

Loved my dogs. My current shepherd Sassy hasn't misbehaved..

I have a dog that talks. Yesterday I was sanding my work table and my dog said "ROUGH, ROUGH" So I kept on sanding.

I have a Blue Heeler mix breed. He acts like a herding dog and he is very smart. Am example is that he knows I do not want the pidgeons feeding at the bird feeder. He has learned to chase them away, but not the desired birds. He has a few bad habits. When I am working a horse in the round pen he wants to chase on the outside of the pen and needs to be "reminded" not to do this. This is down by dinging his shock collar. He knows what the ding means and does not need to be shocked. The other fault is that he is overly protective of me and has attempted to bite delivery men, or strangers that show up at the farm, but never women. For his own protection this behavior must stop and we are working on that too. He has been with me since he was 8 weeks old and had never had a negative encounter with a person, so this is not a learned, but an innate behavior.

My grandmother lived on the Isle of Dogs in the East end of London - (Dockland) because they were so close to the river and rats , she always had a cat called 'Fluffy !' There were many many fluffy's over the years most were not at all fluffy = Then she moved to the south east of London as all her children had moved out and the grandad had died - Our extended family were all living in two streets next to each other - The last fluffy was loved by everyone in our neighbourhood he had extra paws on each paw and once fell out of a very high window having gone to sleep on the outside sill; he landed well and just shook himself - then he went to sleep in the shade under the back tyre of my uncles car and his head was actually run over but he survived with broken teeth all on one side. He would go to sleep in the middle of the road and neighbours would stop their cars and pick him up and hang him over the fence where he usually napped.He died when he was the grand old age of 18y.o. There never was another 'fluffy'

Awe bless love dogs. I came home once and my alsation had jumped out of a second floor window and sat by the front door. also the milkman had left the milk at the end of the path because the dog wouldnt let him any closer.

LOVE! I have Heelers and horses too!

@Stevil true that!! I tell people my dogs head is shrinking.

My feline son Sid used to climb into our fake Christmas tree and sit, then swat at anyone who walked by. He passed away on 8/19/16, exactly twelve years after he first became a part of the family.

by far the most upset I have ever been was losing my st Burnard x shar-pei. I was so upset I nearly had to go to the doctors. I've lost a sister, father and other dogs but that one called sags took a huge part of me emotionally.a st Burnard male shouldn't even be able to breed with such a small bitch.

@Stevil With him I feel like I lost a child. He was my good morning and good night every day for twelve years. I'm still not really used to him not being here!

I can't imagine finding a dog up a tree! What a silly girl.

@LeighShelton what a cool looking dog though!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35932
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.