Agnostic.com

31 8

Why do people hide their feeling/emotion? How do you let emotion out?

If I like someone I will let them know. If I have a problem with you I tell you in a nice peaceful way. I can control my emotion and my words to a certain extent. Never understood why people who sad on the inside pretend to happy on outside. That not me. What ever emotion I feeling that the emotion I will choose to let out. If you like someone allowed yourself to feel right kind of emotion before it's too late.

Peacefulperson 6 Mar 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I was younger, during my first real experience of love - I didnt reveal my feelings to my partner - I thought my feelings were obvious -
my computer keeps crashing and I have to start again - frustrating
But she left me as she thought I didnt care - I didnt understand at the time - I thought my feelings were so obvious, but apparently not - so Id advise people not to keep their feelings to themselves to make their feelings known to others - as it can cost you if you don't share your feelings - I still regret my actions even though they were a long long time ago!

Dommy Level 3 Mar 18, 2018

One can not control ones emotions. One can only choose to act upon them or not. It is the mature who do this. It is the undeveloped mind that has no self controlling mechanisms. No impulse control. I am vastly more mature than I once was. Challenging myself to grow by choosing what emotions I wish to act upon or not.

I was taught, at a very early age, to keep my feelings and emotions to myself. It is a lifelong habit.

Why?...fear, which can lead to guilt, shame and much more. Bipedal humanoids are bread to be a collective group, not living alone, we need each other. So people want to have people around them, they want to make those people happy and so maybe they hide their sadness to make sure others around them don't get sad. I can think of many reasons people might hide their true feelings, this is just one.

While I agree with the collective group statement, I also think humans are more pack animals than hive creatures, which is what our current social structures encourage. Maybe forcing ourselves into unnatural behaviors affects our ability to garner friends and develop healthy relationships? Just a thought provoked by your statement.

Agreed, we started out very nomadic and the have become more 'settled' as time went on. While I was in Mongolia in 2014, one of the last true 'nomadic nations' I spent time with some awesome people...the next day they were gone.....

@SACatWalker ...wasn't he the postal carrier on Cheers?

@Freespirit64 While many larger cities could be seen as a 'hive', due to economic reasons alone, i.e. all striving for the same goal, like bees, except their 'queen' is greed and security, mostly greed, which is fear based. But there are many cities around the world that are a collection a villages, smaller communities which are more 'pack like' one could say, smaller groups striving toward a similar goal. I fell we all fit best in a certain setting, some people take a long time to discover it, say if they prefer the city over the country. Also people change, their needs change.

In my case is cultural; to most Argentinians to show emotions is a sign of low upbringing

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:36320
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.