Agnostic.com

26 1

How to 'come out?'

I have come to the conclusion that there is no god and I'm not sure how to tell my mom that. Does anyone have advice on how to 'come out' to her?

• 26 votes
  • 11 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 3 votes
AcuranVenal 3 Mar 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments (26 - 26)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A few qestions first, and I ask this because I am a mom and likely old enough to be your grandmother. Tell us about your mom? Is she super faithful or a CE christian (CE=Christmas/Easter, goes to church only on "holy days'😉 And if a christian what denomination? Is she pretty laid back or is she a helicopter? Are you financially dependent upon her? How has she reacted to other challenges in the past? Is their a friend or relative you can bounce this off of before you talk to mom, get their perspective on how mom will react? What is the very worst case scenario that can happen? Are you close to your mom? Does it NEED to be now, or can it wait until you're out of HS and college and on your own? I was close to my kids and they told me lots, but I'm a laid back kind of mom anyway. Their dad they didn't tell so much cuz he's pretty tightly wound. If you think this is going to rock the boat in any way, approach with caution. And good luck.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:36448
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.