Agnostic.com

9 8

Where’s Waldo? Oregon On The Lookout For AWOL Republican Politicians

Oregon citizens and state troopers are keeping an eye peeled for AWOL Republican state senators who by being absent from their legislative jobs are stonewalling a vote on stricter pollution standards to battle climate change.

All 11 of the chamber’s GOP senators walked out of a legislative session Thursday and are in hiding to block passage of the historic bill. They don’t have the votes to stop it the old-fashioned, democratic way.

The walkout leaves the Senate two people short of a required quorum before a vote can be held.

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 June 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Assholes on the run!

Get a bounty hunter out on them. First one who brings back two gets 5K that will find them in a hurry.

Love the "Wanted" poster. Way to go, Democrats!

ote them out. Write them.letters. Dont pay them.

These guys should be voted out of office. They should be putting forth an argument that states their point of view. If they have a point then we will vote for what they propose, itherwise we will not. I live in Astoria, Oregon and am usually proud of the people in this state, yes we have problems but we need to get together and solve them not run away and throw a snit.

Nail their morally bankrupt asses!

I think they are being fined $500.00 a day.

@dalefvictor

You're right. The Oregon Governor is fining them $500/day.

@LiterateHiker Hope they have to pay this themselves, not getting help from some rich out of state oligarch.

LOL only in the states

Looks like the republicans are all using the same plan to stall progressive govenining. They are really working for corporate greed. I wish we the people could get corporate money out of our government.

Fucking cowards

bobwjr Level 10 June 23, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:364586
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.