Agnostic.com

14 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have never been to Alabama and from what I've seen and heard as of late, I will never go there either. They are trying to make Alabama a "Christian" ruled state. I find the Christian community has lost their collective minds and I could see them trying to take control of the country and making the entire system based on their beliefs in the Bible if they had their way. Forcing everyone to be a Christian whether they wanted to or not. It makes me remember my reading of the Dark Ages and the Spanish Inquisition. Even the Salem Witch Trials. Religion was invented for one reason and one reason only, controlling the masses with fear. I tell every Christian I discuss this with that faith based on fear is not faith, it's fear. The Bible says to fear God not once but several times and even gives us a multitude of reasons why we should. That "Follow me or die" credo was another thing that turned me away from religion. The current POTUS and his administration are a huge problem regarding this which is what I think emboldened the People of Alabama and others. I wonder how they would enforce their laws and how long it would take for the people to form an uprising and drowned them all on a dunking stool or start cleansing believers in fire?!? LOL!! I laugh but it's really not funny and something to keep an eye on at the very least.

The Taliban is now in control of Alabama. I also read that a pregnant woman was shot in an argument causing her to miscarry a five-month-old fetus. The woman carrying a fetus faces jail time for the murder of a child, but the shooter walks free. Welcome to living life under the Christian fascists rules.

I actually would need to see some documentation of this..."murder" of a fetus has been a law on the books in many states for a long time, so this seems odd.....

@AnneWimsey nowhere else but Alabama or Talibama as I call it.
[al.com]

@Kojaksmom no, I mean the shooter would be charged with murder in many places.

@AnneWimsey they determine the shooter was defending herself. They determine the mother started the fight and therefore put her fetus in jeopardy.

I was going to stay out of Alabama before but now it's an imperative.

I hope this is illegal.

Oh what fresh new fucking hell is this? Minnesota is cold but we have fewer crazy people..so far.
Warren Jeff's brother is said to have purchased remote property outside Grand Marais (near the Boundary Waters and Lake Superior) as well as property in the Twin Cities. Yippee! Polygamist invasion.

Go to church or go to jail?
[au.org]

Excerpt:
"Alabama, anchored firmly in a Bible Belt ethos, seems to have a special affinity for mixing law enforcement and conservative Christianity. In 2011, Police Chief Michael Rowland of Bay Minette, a city of about 8,500 people north of Mobile, announced the implementation of something called “Operation Restore Our Community.”

"Under the plan, low-level offenders would have been given a choice: They could pay a fine, go to jail or attend church weekly for one year. At the end of 12 months, their records would be wiped clean."

Excerpt:
"“Offenders in our study overwhelmingly professed a belief in God and identified themselves with a particular religion, but they also regularly engaged in serious crimes,” Topalli said in a media release. “Our data suggest that religious belief may even produce or tend to produce crime or criminality among our sample of hardcore street offenders who actively reference religious doctrine to justify past and future offenses.”"

I’d believe in gods also if it means that I could get out of a punishment in such an easy manner. Although I don’t think that sending people to jail is doing anything to stop people from committing crimes, except with they are incarcerated.

That’s just really sad it reminds me of Virtues police in Saudi lol what happens to the west

Gigi Level 3 June 26, 2019

Great for intimidating people to put money in the offering plates! And if anybody tries to make off with the day's collections, the Pentacostal SWAT team will be in hot pursuit!

Hmmm...let's see, I can start my own "church" legally for $50. My cousin has an AK-47, so I can make him my own police force. Okay, the next thing I need is a good-looking deity.

mischl Level 8 June 26, 2019

@SaucyCheryl Yep, I'd love to meet her.

Awesome

Because "turn the other cheek"????????

If I read the stories correctly, Jesus usually had a 12-man security detail following him around. In the end, it didn’t do much good, however.

This of course establishes a precedent that mosques may legitimately follow.

Gareth Level 7 June 26, 2019

Oh great. Are they gonna haul you off to church on Sunday mornings?

godef Level 7 June 26, 2019

Hopefully they are armed with only bibles. They are less effective than a gun...

IDK, have you seen the size of some of those bibles?

@Boxdoc Have you seen a 50 cal Desert Eagle?

Really, the south and conservative xians... I'm sure they're armed to the teeth.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:365904
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.