Agnostic.com

68 4

What type of death do you most fear?

Death by fire or death by drowning are my two biggest fears. Believe it or not being eaten alive is scary but not my #1fear. When I'm dead I want to be eaten. Give back something to the Earth for all I have taken.

paul1967 8 Sep 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

68 comments (51 - 68)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Being buried alive. I'm quite claustrophobic.

my fear also

Fire and drowning are mine as well.

Anything that is slow and drawn-out, like being swallowed by a snake, being on fire, suffocating, or drowning. I'd rather have something quick and short, like falling from a plane.

Give my 'dying in my sleep' any day!

Disclaimer: I've been dead 3 times in medical term for periods ranging from 3 to 8 minutes sand coma in one event for a duration of just over two weeks.

Most deaths are random and pointless in my experience. My worst fear to to die without fulfilling any degree of the promise my talents and hard won skills suggest. I'm not particularly thinking in terms of notoriety, of recognition, so much as enjoy however briefly the personal satisfaction in doing my personal best. It may well be, that for me to accomplish this is to set in motion a sequence of events that only come to fruition generations after any memory of my existence is gone. I can accept that too, but it would be pleasant to know.

I am happy to say that I don't give a second thought to how I die, except when I am taking a turn to hot on my bike,
Even then, I feel incredibly alive,
I guess the only death I fear is a wasting illness, but I have a contingency plan for that

None really; got to go some way; as far as I have heard - fire is smoke inhalation mostly so your lungs give out and apparently you go dreamy in the same way as when when drowning and your lungs fill up with water - (I do hate salt though)

After you drown you will be eaten but not eaten a live which I fear the most.

I do not fear death. I dislike pain. I hope to not die a long, painful, diseased struggle.

Duke Level 8 Dec 23, 2017

The only kind of death that I fear is the final one. Come to think of it, I don't fear death at all. I think it sucks because there is so much more to learn, to experience, to see, but I have no fear of it.

Oh, wait, that's not what you asked, is it? I think helpless lingering while my mind is still intact. That I think would bother me greatly.

The death of my son.

There are at least two for me which are about equal. Based on how it feels when I accidentally touch my finger on a extremely hot pan or pot, burning to death while still conscious is one. Also, at my age, I fear most the possibility of slow, drawn-out death in severe and constant pain. Living as a quadriplegic and unable to talk, while conscious and mental faculties intact, would be a horrible fate.

Something that takes time, knowing it's coming would be the worst part.

Personally I would prefer death by snu snu. Lol but #1 fear fire or impaled / bleeding out.

car or plane accident

ms269 Level 2 Nov 28, 2017

any death your aware is happening that takes a long time. I'm really not good with heights or open spaces and believe some things are worse than death.

Long and hurtful one.

Uskok Level 1 Nov 26, 2017

Cancer, just lost a friend to it.

Tirol Level 2 Oct 8, 2017

Awe, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure your friend will be missed.

Slow and painful.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:366
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.