Agnostic.com

35 15

LINK Ark Encounter founder warns ‘kids of all ages’ that libraries are becoming dangerous - New York Daily News

Oh no... What if kids red books and find out religion is a just a bunch of ancient myths and superstitions?

snytiger6 9 June 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

35 comments (26 - 35)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Holy shit! I just viewed the ark encounter and the bible museum sites! What a complete load of crap! These science deniers would have you believe dinosaurs coexisted with humans! J.F. Christ! Carbon dating and other methods are a pretty accurate means of timing things out! Those two places (and all religious institutions) should have a disclaimer, something like, "Entering this place requires one to suspend disbelief. Please place CO (carbon monoxide) mask over face for 30 seconds before entry! Have a pleasant rapture!"

They did co-exist! I have seen The Land That Time Forgot, i’ll have you know!🤪

I havent read the article, but I assume its referring to the snake pits, bear traps and random flying sharp objects that one finds increasing in number these days in libraries everywhere.

Not to mention everything in the computer database it's mind-boggling 🤪

You'd think their failure would be clear sign their beliefs are BS. Apparently "God" doesn't want the ark message spread. how do they resolve this in their own minds? very curious

There are AT LEAST 925,000 species of insects in the world (that's just how many have been discovered). If there's no such thing as evolution, then those have always been around. So that's 925,000 pairs of insects ALONE in a boat 300 cubits x 80 x 40.

There are estimated to be 8.7 MILLION animal species on the Earth. That's 17.4 million animals (or a lot more, if you read the verse that says "5 pairs of all those clean" ) crammed into that boat.

It would be a shame for someone to read that and realize... there's just no way.

Yeah. I kind of figured after the insects, there woudl be no room for the regular animals myself.

Also, how would all the unique species of Austrailia which can swim, and soem firds which cant' fly en dup there?

The story doesn't make any sense. Also the bible flood story isn't original, but was plagiarized from another religious tradition, but they plagiarized it themselves from yet another religious tradition and so did they.

it would maybe be a shame nowdays for someone to read that and realize that it was never meant to be read literally lol

Apparently he's never heard of the internet.

Fear is the basis of these people and when they get desperate they spout even more fear. Too many start to feel their fear and yet ignore the fear of hell these people spread.

Well, libraries are deadly to the ideas propounded by idiots like him. So, VERY DANGEROUS to his income stream.

Knowledge is dangerous to them.

The entire thousands year story took place in a ridiculously small geographic area.

There was trade with Asia and awareness of the wider world by the time books of the new testament came to be.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:367772
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.