Television Or PC/Other Device?

• 21 votes
  • 43 votes
  • 17 votes
  • 24 votes
  • 1 vote
BookDeath 8 Mar 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There was a period when I accidently locked my TV into the DVD only mode. I could have fixed it any of three ways, but each would have taken about 30 minutes, buying a universal remote, taking the entertainmen center apart, moving an extremly heavy hide a bed. After a year of putting it off, I realized I didn't care. More recently I got a Blueray player and had to replce the TV, because my old TV didn't work with the new player. I have TV again, but I still don't watch it.

Another option-TV and computer.

I'm a poor university student with a desktop gifted to me by my brother. This is the only device I have. Other than my phone, which is more a necessity, and my Kindle, which is specifically for reading. But more than that, I've been playing PC games since I was five years old. I've honed my love for and skill at strategy games for fourteen years or thereabouts. I've stuck with them. They are honestly my true passion. Languages are a means to an end; eventually, I want to make a career, in some capacity, involving video games. I'm not going to stake my future on it, which is why I'm at university, but I want to get there eventually.

I do not have a TV, miss PBS and I have ad blocker on my computer. If I want to see commercials there are all the Budwiser Clydesdale ads on youtube.

Computer, Netflix, Audible and Youtube on multiple devices

Not precisely sure what the thrust of the question is, but for this activity I use a couple of Samsung tablets, and rarely, my Samsung phone. I have a large screen Insignia TV for watching Netflix, Amazon Prime, and YouTube stuff. I got tired of getting viruses on a computer, so went just to a tablet. It's fine for pretty much everything I need to do.

I use my iPad.

CS60 Level 7 Mar 14, 2018

PC
Laptop
Smartphone
Nook E-reader
ipod Nano

Phone chrome cast to a TV.

JeffB Level 6 Mar 14, 2018

I have several devices The big computer I built from the cpu on up, the piece of crap laptop I got from dell, 2 kindles for myself each of my kids has their own kindle have a 50 inch tv in the living room and a 30 inch tv in the master bedroom also my ASUS phone.. What can I say love information have to get it as many ways as possible

I'm becoming increasingly short sighted, and I don't like wearing glasses, so the tablet/PC (MS Surface, so it's effectively both) and phone are becoming my preferred methods of viewing. I think it's a chicken and egg thing, to be honest. Too much time spent staring at a screen that's around 12-18" away, both for work and leisure is what's making my distance focus progressively worse.

If I'm watching with others, then on the big TV, via the Xbox. I either end up wearing the glasses, or make do with it being a bit blurry (I can live with that as long as there aren't subtitles.)

It's very rare that I watch convetionally broadcast stuff, and when I do, it's via catch-up streaming services. I have no working Antenna/Satellite/Cable connection to anything in the house now. Most of what I watch is either Netflix or AVI rips of my DVD collection that I've had for years.

I have a 75" 4K TV with 7.2 Surround Sound and live in a detached house. Occasionally I'll watch on a PC, less often on a tablet, even less often on a phone, and hardly ever on a different TV.

I live with my phone in my hand.

My computer runs through my tv

None is a ridiculous since how would you even answer the poll if you did not have one of three of these.
So, I am also left wondering what are you asking; do we own any of these or do we use any of them?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:37119
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.