Agnostic.com

11 14

Rep. Justin Amash says some Republicans privately praised his decision to quit party

"“When I was discussing impeachment, I had fellow colleagues and other Republicans, high-level officials, contacting me saying, ‘Thank you for what you’re doing,’” he said.

Republicans are afraid of confronting Trump. Chickens.

It's all about hanging onto power.

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 July 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fucking cowards.

Even people who hate Trump sometimes fail to fully understand the motives of Republicans who support him. People like Mitch McConnell have made many millions of dollars by selling their votes. It is not some vague idealistic notion of power. It is rather corrupt assholes who would separate children from their parents while failing to keep track of where the parents are in order to profit in the millions. These people are monsters. They should be tried for crimes against humanity. It's not that they have a difference of opinion. Their opinion is that their own profit takes precedence over fundamental human decency.

@ogator

Exactly.

To be fair, the democrats look to be afraid to take him on directly as well. You've got some representatives on his case, but in general, they are giving him all kinds of leeway. Personally, I don't there is any down side to taking the gloves off and going after him hammer and tong, but political calculations have a way of stealing the courage out of your short term thinking. Pisses my ass right the hell off.

@zeuser

Nonsense. Democrats have been challenging Trump and Republicans. The trouble is, Republicans control the Senate and presidency.

Democrats stopped Trump and Republicans from overturning the Affordable Care Act. We protected the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge from mining that Trump ordered. The fight goes on.

Democrat Washington State Attorney General Bob Ferguson has sued the Trump administration over 17 times. He won every lawsuit so far. Bravo!

[seattleweekly.com]

Last week, Bob Ferguson said he will sue the Trump administration over new abortion restrictions.

[townhall.com]

In the 2018 elections, Democrats won over 200 elections, flipped the House of Representatives and elected 8 Democrat state governors.

@LiterateHiker All true,and those are the hallmarks of an effective resistance. But he is a murdering, traitorous criminal and ought to be taken out root and branch as soon as possible. That's where the lack of a vigorous and aggressive prosecution-minded opposition galls me the most. We can stop some of the worst symptoms, but the cancer is there and continuing to thrive. I'm seeing more promise at the state level, but the damage to the judicial branch will take decades to repair - and it gets worse everyday the senate is in session.

But to your point, yes the republicans are complicit chickenshit thumb twiddlers only too happy to collect mountains of money from lobbyists and, I would confidently wager, foreign governments as well.

Fucking cowards would rather sell out our Country to the orange anus than lose their power and donors.

@Redheadedgammy

Exactly.

Love your new picture.

Afraid of extreme right pundits challenge by own party spineless cowards

bobwjr Level 10 July 8, 2019

It's about hanging onto power.

Dont thrust them, justin !

It is all about the base and holding on to their jobs. This is probably the best argument for term limits. I have always had mixed feelings about term limits as I would hate not having experienced people the Congress, but since they haven't passed any meaningful legislation in decades with the exception of Obama Care, maybe it doesn't matter.

Lack of moral backbone seems to characterize the vast majority of Republican politicians today.

I saw this and now I wish that the Republicans that feel this way would step forward and stand up to who they think their party is and also to POTUS or should that be PODS (piece of dumb shit)

It is about time that they start getting some intestinal fortitude ,if enough Republicans stand up to the bully ,he may just bow his head and sulk away

In my opinion, Republicans are not afraid of Trump, they are afraid of his base who could vote them out of office. As far as Trump bowing his head and sulk away, it is not in his narcissistic power or ability to that.

@jlynn37 this. His base is about all that votes in the primaries. Trump knows it as well as they do, so he leverages that against them. It's a fucked up situation that's easily rectifyable if more people would fucking vote in the primaries.

Our system sucks ass.

@jlynn37 hope your wish comes true

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:371241
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.